Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C5 conversion, Hawk HP Plus pads... HORRIBLE squeal under light braking pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 conversion, Hawk HP Plus pads... HORRIBLE squeal under light braking pressure

I just got done driving my Z28 with my newly completed C5 brake conversion with Hawk HP+ pads. The thing brakes VERY well, but it squeals like a ****. I get loud, obnoxious squealing under anything but HARD braking.

I pulled both wheels off, and it looks like I lubed everything properly. The pad clips (the things that seat in the pad abutment bracket) are NOT touching the rotor at all.

Any ideas what I'm missing? This car is so fun to drive but that brake noise is driving me nuts!

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's the pads. if u would have went with the regular HPS they wouldn't squeal or just as much as OEM pads (every so often). the HP+ pads are ment for autocross type driving, not for daily driven aps.

directly from Hawks site about the HP+

"Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve "race-level" braking, rotor wear, noise, dust, and pad life may be affected."

HPS....there are no warnings

Quick Reply: C5 conversion, Hawk HP Plus pads... HORRIBLE squeal under light braking pressure