Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alignment done and Still drifts to the right. WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alignment done and Still drifts to the right. WTF?

Before I changed the front tires my car was pulling a lot to the passenger side. After putting the new ones it was doing it less, however; I know that this will eventually will eat my tires on one side more than another. So I took it for alignment. After the alignment was finishthe guy told me that when braking the car was leaning to the right which could be a stuck caliper or that caliper brake line. Anyways, I go Oh okay and think, F... I have to fix the brakes! When I drive off I notice that while cruising without braking the car is still leaning to the right. I would like to know what that hell did the guy alingned???

What do you guys think. Could this problem be because only my right caliper is braking and the other one is stuck therefore the car lean to the right or is it that the good mechanic didn't do his job right?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did they give you an alignment sheet showing the specs before and after? In one of my third gens I had a brake line close up and wouldn't release the caliper, it was very obvious, you could smell it and it began to smoke.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one of your wheel bearings could be catching a little bit; one of your rotors could be catching a little bit; a tire may not be balanced properly; or, maybe the alignment wasn't the best.