Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can anybody give me feedback on these brand's(Spohn and UMI)????

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Can anybody give me feedback on these brand's(Spohn and UMI)????

(Spohn and UMI)

I am looking for feedback on thes brand's. I am looking to get a Panrod,Driveshaft loop and TQ Arm. I was thinking on going with BMR since I have LCA aleady from them and really didn't want to mix different brand's on suspension. So if anybody can help me out that would be great. I am looking for Strong,Stiff and 60 FT time's have been with the TQ Arm from one of the two.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both are good
Old 06-19-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

while I like spohn's products, honestly, I feel his niche is thirdgen more than fourthgen... for my SS, I've gotten everything from UMI so far and will likely continue to do so
Old 06-19-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seen a Spohn arm snap before.

UMI seems to have risen to the top.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

I have Spohn's LCA, panhard bar, and SFC and I am very happy with them. My dad has all that but BMR and they are noticably bigger/thicker.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Had a complete spohn suspension on my old thirdgen and loved it. However I quickly learned rod end suspension components get noisy quickly. Both however are of good quality.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

spohn, bmr, and umi are all top notch but i favor umi
Old 06-19-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guy's and most likly I will go with UMI. I just didn't know if they were an good because I really didn't see anybody with them on there car.Thanks again for your post. Other may still post there experiance's with either one.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bad6as
spohn, bmr, and umi are all top notch but i favor umi
If you look at some of their parts they are almost identical. You need to look at price and options more than name. UMI k-member looks the best IMO, but I have no personal experience with it. I have BMR and UMI suspension parts.

I just read what you were trying to buy. I would get the torque arm from UMI that has the built in DS loop that mount to the tunnel, that is what I plan on getting.

Brian
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
If you look at some of their parts they are almost identical. You need to look at price and options more than name. UMI k-member looks the best IMO, but I have no personal experience with it. I have BMR and UMI suspension parts.

I just read what you were trying to buy. I would get the torque arm from UMI that has the built in DS loop that mount to the tunnel, that is what I plan on getting.

Brian

Thanks bro I was looking at that too.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:34 AM
FormerVendor

i dont have any experience with UMI but i hear or read alot of good things about them. i saw a car that had some UMI set up with sfc/cross brace/tq arm set up, looked tight.

i have all BMR & SPOHN on my car, and all my customers car leave with spohn stuff on them. if i could do it all over, it'd be all spohn complete, not that i have any bmr complaints. i just like spohn prices/products/and service. i once had an edelbrock adj tq arm that didnt last. im now gonna order the spohn tq arm/ds loop/cross but im first waiting for them to build me a k-member in a couple weeks.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Got spohn chassis mount TA and LCA's that im very happy with
Old 06-24-2007, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

I have spohn tq arm and racing sway bar.And Umi adj panhard and adj lca's.Very satisfied with both.Umi wasn't making a tq arm when i bought mine otherwise i would have gotten a Umi.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As you may seen in many of my other posts on topics about brands, I'm a huge fan of UMI. Spohn is a very good company as well though.

On my car..

UMI - chassis-mounted adj. torque arm, 3pt SFCs to tie into cross brace, shock tower brace, on-car adj. poly/rod panhard bar.

Spohn - Front upper A-arms (poly bushings), swaybar mount brackets for 9" rear.

My LCAs are an unknown brand and will probably be a UMI product with one rod end sometime in the future, but are kind of on the back burner right now. Spohn is the only company that makes a bolt-on swaybar mounting kit for aftermarket rears, and I got a killer deal on my front A-arms. I wouldn't have picked them up except that I was replacing my ball joints and swapping springs and spindles (brake upgrade) and I was willing to pay the $100 to not have to grind rivets out and press out the ball joints in my stock arms.

If I go with a k-member, it will be UMI's road race version. Looks better than anything else on the market. Lower front A-arms doesn't really matter, both brands look good there (as with most of the other parts, either brand looks about equal). I've talked to both Steve and Ryan on the phone, and both guys are great on the phone.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank's guy's for the post and info. I ended up ordering UMI K-Member, Adjustable TQ Arm w/DSL, Adjustable Panhard Rod and Motor Mount's. I am going to be getting A-Arm's and swiching my BMR LCA for the UMI one's. I just want to keep everything the same.Thanks again.

Gilbert

Quick Reply: Can anybody give me feedback on these brand's(Spohn and UMI)????