Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Arm ??

I have a 84' 3rd gen.firebird,Stock style susp., N/A 440", th400, Moser 12 bolt 4.30's, i now am running all Spohn rear susp. stuff, lca's are in stock locations, I also have rear susp. stuff made by Leo Barnaby From " Neverlift Racecrafts " in NJ., my question is my torque arm i from Leo is exactly like Madmans, shorter than Spohn's, some people are telling me that a shorter torque arm is LESS violent off the line than a longer one, and lca relocation brackets are NO good to use, keep it in stock locations,the car is at stock ride height and i can adj. all 4 wheels for ride height, rears have Wolfe's adj. rear coil-over kit, front susp. is Spohn's Drag w/ coil-over kit, the car weighs 3095 w/me, just looking for some good help on this, i've been low 9 teens @ 148. Thanks. JR.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

A short torque arm is more violent off the line because it react much quicker than a long style one. With that short of an arm and the power level you are at your are correct to not use the relocation brackets.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Thanks, for the info. on the lca arms, and the torque arm, i'm not sure to leave the Spohn stuff on, Leo's stuff is alot lighter " about 30lbs. ", so since you's at BMR do alot of f-body cars, what is a good percentage weight on the front to have, i have 54.2 % w/Iron heads,thats on scales on all 4 wheels. Thanks. JR.