Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP! Not possible to remove Torque Arm Clamshell w/o removing trans?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Not possible to remove Torque Arm Clamshell w/o removing trans?

Hey guys,

I took my BMR TQ arm off and I am reinstalling the stock one. I went to remove the stock clamshell bushing and I cant get it off! I removed the driveshaft, and the crossbrace to lower the transmission and it still wont clear. It looks like the trans will need to be removed to get this stinking bushing off! Here are pics of what I am running into- any ideas?

Thanks,
Lane

Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm...i had no problems with the bolts being too long when i took mine off to install my UMI T/A.....i just wasn't aware that one of the bolts was put in from the other side, so i was trying to loosen it from the head of the bolt, rather than loosening the nut itself, which made it a bit more difficult to loosen. but once all the nuts were removed from the bolts, everything came out, no problem.

has the tranny ever been removed before? possibly when it was, the clamshell was replaced with one that has a longer bolt in it? i dunno, wish i could be more help.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanbks for the help. sorry for the double post. I keep getting error messages. Ill try prying it down.

Thanks,
Lane!

Quick Reply: HELP! Not possible to remove Torque Arm Clamshell w/o removing trans?