Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bmr K-member in.. question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Bmr K-member in.. question

hey everybody!

just finished installing a bmr k-member and a-arm package w/some qa1's.... Went and got it aligned no problems.. but my tires are hitting the inner fender when turning, both front tires are set forward in the wheel well now. Alignment is dead on... Curious how i fix this, k-member went in beautiful..

If i adjust the solid body mount on the lower a-arm in that would pull the tire backwards correct? and then just have it re-aligned? Thanks!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nikon1999
hey everybody!

just finished installing a bmr k-member and a-arm package w/some qa1's.... Went and got it aligned no problems.. but my tires are hitting the inner fender when turning, both front tires are set forward in the wheel well now. Alignment is dead on... Curious how i fix this, k-member went in beautiful..

If i adjust the solid body mount on the lower a-arm in that would pull the tire backwards correct? and then just have it re-aligned? Thanks!

Check how much caster they gave you on your alignment sheet and see if it's on the high side of the specs. I had this same issue, but it was because I asked them to give me as much positive caster as possible, which pushes the wheels farther forward in the wheel well. BMR puts like an extra 1/2 inch of adjustment in the slots on their K-member which allows for some pretty high caster numbers. I have like +7 degrees. If this is the case, you could just take it back and ask them to decrease your caster a little bit. I personally just cut the bottom portion of the inner fenders out because I wanted the additional caster for high speed stability.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
10 Second Club

they set my caster to 5.5/5.9 .. which seems like it should be pretty good.. but the wheels rubbing the inner fender is aggravating me.
I do have qa1's that i put in the front and the way it is right now the car is SLAMMED..so i'm going to try raising it up an inch or so and see if that helps the whole thing.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nikon1999
they set my caster to 5.5/5.9 .. which seems like it should be pretty good.. but the wheels rubbing the inner fender is aggravating me.
I do have qa1's that i put in the front and the way it is right now the car is SLAMMED..so i'm going to try raising it up an inch or so and see if that helps the whole thing.
Did you get it aligned right after you installed the QA1s, or did you give the new springs time to settle? I ended up adjusting my front end up a few times because it kept settling and sinking after a few days. I made sure I left it sit quite a while before I got it aligned, once I figured the springs were done settling. Good luck with it.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

yeah i need to adjust mine up, the springs are not new so i figured they would already be "settled" i'll adjust it up and drive it how it is, find a ride height i like and get it re-aligned. Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: Bmr K-member in.. question