Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

RK Sport sway bars????

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK Sport sway bars????

I am thinking about buying some RK Sport 35mm front and 25mm rear sway bars. Anyone have experience with these? They have poly-end links and all hardware. They are solid not hollow.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: RK Sport sway bars????

TTT
Old 05-22-2003, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

I am thinking about buying these from another forum member but I would like to here from someone who has them.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I have had the RKSport front & rear sway bar package on my 2001 Z28 for over 6 months now, and am very impressed with how tight the car feels. Going into a strong head wind I get very little to no lateral movement at above freeway speeds . Before installing these bars, I already have a very beefed up suspension, including LCA's, Tunnel brace, Panhard bar, Torque Arm, STB (all BMR) coupled to SLP SFC.

After the sway bar install, I noticed a dramatic difference in high speed cornering, with the poly "D" bushings coupled with the poly endlink bushings, it is FAR more solid a feeling driving the car.

The only down side to these bars, is the sqeaking of the bushings when going over any type of bump or depression on the road. I greased them generously (sp) with pure silicone grease upon installation, however they do make alot of noise.

I would highly recommend these solid swaybars, compaired to the stock Z28 units, they are FAR stronger. They will add some weight to the car though.

SteveC
Old 05-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

I had them on my 95 trans am they are a little heavier because they are solid but your car will handle like its on rails. I used synthetic grease and didnt have any noise. I would buy them if i was you. I now have them on my 99 also.

Quick Reply: RK Sport sway bars????