Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what shocks, sfc's

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what shocks, sfc's

im about to order a set of eibach sportlines for my car. i want to get a set of slp bilstein shocks/struts, but i read in a thread somewhere that bilsteins arent set up for lowering. sounds like bs...but if its not. what do yall recommend for under $500 (shocks/struts).
also im looking for some subframe connectors. is there much of a differance between the "triangular" style connecting the subframes and tranny crossmember as opposed to the strait subframe to subframe connectors? will they all fit the pacesetter ORY pipe?
thank yall.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/800048-eibach-bilsteins.html

Going cheap on shocks might not be such a great idea
Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 99ls1bowtie
im about to order a set of eibach sportlines for my car. i want to get a set of slp bilstein shocks/struts, but i read in a thread somewhere that bilsteins arent set up for lowering. sounds like bs...but if its not. what do yall recommend for under $500 (shocks/struts).
also im looking for some subframe connectors. is there much of a differance between the "triangular" style connecting the subframes and tranny crossmember as opposed to the strait subframe to subframe connectors? will they all fit the pacesetter ORY pipe?
thank yall.
Why are you going with the sportlines opposed to another spring?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my recommendation? call Sam Strano, he's a sponsor on the site with multiple SCCA wins under his belt. he'll get you set up right.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

1. Why do you need subframes, many people feel shocks prevent etc issues subframes correct.

2. Realistly you can't get shocks/springs for 500 bucks.
a. save for money
b. get a set of Konis and lower using the perch and hose mod.

3. Get a set of HD"s (better than stock, but will NEVER allow springs) and a front bar and dual ended panhard bar.

Depends on where your wanting to go with the car. Call SAM he is great and will talk you though and make you "see" and not just try to sell you crap you don't need.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

You can get shocks and springs for $500, they just won't be very good at anything but looking cool (and you only need the springs for that).

DO NOT skimp on the shocks and springs, they are the things that make the car ride and handle well, above ALL else.

You think the Bilstein HD's not being good for lowering springs sounds like BS... ok, Why? Because a lot of folks you don't know have done it and say "it's fine"? Aside from the fact Bilstein's own catalog states HD's are not suitable for lowering springs, I've driven them a million times on both lowered and stock cars. And frankly I'm not a fan these days with the stock springs (with the new standard HD valving). I had stopped selling new generation HD's for any use a year before this huge backorder issues plagued them.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: what shocks, sfc's