Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front brake line flow problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front brake line flow problem

Today I finally got the new front crossover line on the vette and after all that hard work it seems like I have run into another problem. While the left brake line seems to be working fine (take into account it has the same line that was on before) the right side only seems to be blowing air through the line without any brake fluid. I have noticed that the master cylinder cap seems to have a seal problem since whenever you push on the brakes you can hear and feel air rushing out from the back reservoir. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't remember if both front lines are hooked to the same end of the master cylinder on that car or if one is on the front port and one is on the rear (split with matching, but opposite rear brakes). I'd make sure the master cylinder is still good (if you have to, pull the lines off of it and see that it's moving fluid) and I'd check that the rear seal hasn't gone bad and filled the brake booster with brake fluid. I'm pretty rusty on my old Corvette specific knowledge right now, but those are things I'd check.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well thanks a lot. I just hope I can figure this out

Quick Reply: front brake line flow problem