Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DMS springs just keep gettin lower

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMS springs just keep gettin lower

I installed the DMS springs and BMR LCA's and reloc brackets on the bird on Monday. After i was done i stepped back to look at her and was like "that really doesn't look much different"
tuesday it looked lower and the rear wasn't sitting even. Wednesday it got lower still and the rear leveled some. by friday everything was level and possibly a little lower, and after some "spirited" driving on some back roads last evening the thing looks SLAMMED today. Whats goin on here? is the suspension just setteling? I didn't measure after i first installed the springs but after i installed them i did the finger test. The back had a 4 finger gap between the tire and fender and the front was abotu 2.5. Now today the back is about a 1.5 finger gap and the front damn near tucks! She deffinatley looks sweet, i just hope she is done setteling and doesnt drop anymore.

Joe
Old 06-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: DMS springs just keep gettin lower

strange... i have no idea im waiting to see what someone says in reponse to this.. crazy if you ask me
Old 06-16-2003, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Post some pics
Old 06-17-2003, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

here is a pic http://bigjb.dyndns.org/b2.jpg

the springs have stopped gettin lower. It sits now pretty much as I described it at the end of the first post. It looks amazing, handles great, and I dont have any problems. I guess it was just the springs working them selves into place?
Old 06-18-2003, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

That looks badass! I'm about to put DMS springs in on Friday. Did you leave the the spacer on the back springs in? That is the perfect drop.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is normal IMO. I have done some suspension work to my cars and trucks and they have all done that. U put new suspention on, it's stiff and needs to settle in place. even with stock suspention if u mess with it and put it back down on the ground it will be a lil higher cuz there was no weight on it. Just keep an eyey on it, it shouldn't drop any more. looks good tho
Old 06-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Can you measure the distance from the ground to the center of the wheel well when on a flat surface? I have read where people are measuring 26" in the front and around 27" in back depending on spacer/hose. I would like to hear what you measure because I am planning on DMS springs but I have square tube SFC's that hang down some. I have 5 3/4" clearance from the bottom of them to the ground. It does look though that my Y-pipe is as low or lower.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they settle for a couple days. First time I took my car to a road couse it settled another 1/4" which it has not regained.

Your car looks sweet, but that is lower than I thought the DMS springs lowered it.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:32 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would it possible for you to post up a few pics with better lighting. It's just hard for me to tell how it looks with that light and angle. It does look sweet though, those Smoothie IIs are lookin' good too
Rob
Old 06-18-2003, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Yea, I'll measure that distance for you. I left the rear spacer in. I like the rake it creates, more of a muscle car look, rather than the totally level ricer look. I have boxed BMR SFC's and haven't had a problem with them, I do scrape my jet hot ORY from time to time, but that will all go away when i switch to true duals

I dont have anyother pics that are online right now. But i'll snap some more this weekend if you like
Old 06-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Teching In

I will look forward for those measurements and maybe you can measure the distance to your SFC's too. I do agree with everyone it looks great and I agree with you on the rake. I am old school and like that look. I take it you have Jet hot LT's? No problem hitting those just the Y. That is good to know.. That is my next project after lowering. I want to run cats though. Thanks for the measurements in advance..