Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

i want to get bolt on sfc's so what brand

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i want to get bolt on sfc's so what brand

hey guys help me out. whats a good brand that dont hurt ground clearance and is a good price? thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

As is usual, I have to say UMI's just fit great. These are 3-point, bolt-in connectors (and 3-point hang lowest), and you get a sense of how well they tuck. http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=22&ModelID=7

$299, and the get less expensive if you go weld-in and/or 2-point.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

im looking for 2 point bolt in's. thanks sam
Old 11-06-2007, 06:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Those would be here.http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=22&ModelID=7 And you can get a sense of how they fit by looking at the LCA's and the rocker panels of the car.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

spohn has some nice ones are nice and same with bmr as far the the 2 points go. i would buy the bolt in ones, bolt them in and also have them welded for extra strength.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

I'm looking at a set of UMI 3pt. I've had the 3pt Kenny Brown DD ones and i loved em' they just hung too low for a lowered car. That means i have to look for better tucking versions. I think UMI will fit the bill.

If i went 2pt. I would go with the UMI or BMR tubular ones. They tuck up nice and high.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I run competion engineering bolt in's from summit. I think they were under $200.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys,

As Sam stated we offer a very high quality, good fitting and tight tucking SFC and we offer many pictures on our site and vendors site that show the fit.

A few key factors to keep in mind-

1. Our SFC's are a 100% bolt in, this means no drilling, no grinding, no cutting and no heat sheild modifications. They can be installed with just basic hand tools.

2. We offer the ONLY 2-Point bolt on SFC's on the market.

3. They are available in Red or Black powder coat for no charge extra to you. We can custom coat some colors as well too.

4. The bolt on SFC's can be welded at any time down the road.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 11-07-2007, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

well i have noticed im starting to get torque dimples in my quarter panels.i have realy stiff hypercoil springs so there not the best for the strip. i got my car to finally get traction so now im hooking perfect. and i dont want my quarters to get worst. will the sfc's stop this? and what other effects will they have on my car good and bad?
thanks for the info guys.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No bad effects. Dimples in the quarters IMO are not related to the having or not having SFC's. You'll find folks who have dimples with and without SFC's. And you'll find folks who don't with and without SFC's. Dimples are much more likely to be caused by wheel-hop (and anyone who's seen a car wheel-hop hard will know why... the gas door flaps, and there are big gaps between the hatch and quarters.

SFC's are not bad, at all. I never tell anyone they are, although that's the way it's made out when I tell folks they aren't always necessary.

They are inexpensive, easy to install, tighten the chassis up which can't hurt you and maybe give you some piece of mind.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun
well i have noticed im starting to get torque dimples in my quarter panels.i have realy stiff hypercoil springs so there not the best for the strip. i got my car to finally get traction so now im hooking perfect. and i dont want my quarters to get worst. will the sfc's stop this? and what other effects will they have on my car good and bad?
thanks for the info guys.
Don't go thinking this will stop the dimpling...I have dimples that formed AFTER I installed my SLP bolt-in subframe connectors (that are welded in place). There is no direct correlation here...that issue is caused by something that subframe connectors will not have an impact on.

That said, I like my subframe connectors. It only takes a few minutes with a jack to realize how much stiffer they make the chassis...the only thing I don't like about my SLP subframes is that they do hang low (I think lower than any other brand). My exhaust is still a little lower, so it is of no consequence to me...

If I had it to do over again, I'd get the UMI 3-point bolt-in connectors...they just weren't on the market when I did this mod a few years back.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

well my car dont wheel hop at all.i might have a paintless dent guy work on it i need a few dings removed any way.most of the time my car hooks perfect and just launches but the last time i ran at the track i launched harder and it felt like the right wheel was going to get some air lol.i will be going with the umi 2 point bolt ins. thanks sam and every one else
Old 11-08-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the UMI 3-point bolt-in and love them. Installed them in 25 minutes. That including the time to jack-up the car.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Just installed UMI's 2 point bolt ins on my vert, made a word of difference, IMHO.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun
hey guys help me out. whats a good brand that dont hurt ground clearance and is a good price? thanks

why bolt-ons? I'd get weld in style. I've got weld ins on my 02 and my 85 Z28.
I'd rather rely on welds than bolts.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i been looking into it and it seems mr strano knows whats going on. I would stick with the UMIs.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FU_I_AM_UltraZ
why bolt-ons? I'd get weld in style. I've got weld ins on my 02 and my 85 Z28.
I'd rather rely on welds than bolts.
We recommend weld ins when the vehicle is aggressively raced. However many people do not have welding capabilities and this is the main reason bolt in SFC's are offered. The nice this about our set-ups is the bolt on's can be welded at any time down the road with no issues.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 11-14-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
We recommend weld ins when the vehicle is aggressively raced. However many people do not have welding capabilities and this is the main reason bolt in SFC's are offered. The nice this about our set-ups is the bolt on's can be welded at any time down the road with no issues.

Thanks!
Ryan
That right Ryan... guess who this is.... the guy who orders yellow lol. I know I haven't ordered much since the time you guys first started UMI...
-Charlie
Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Umi make a great set! I have SLP's but i wanted to be able to jack up on them.
Attached Thumbnails i want to get bolt on sfc's so what brand-subframe1.jpg   i want to get bolt on sfc's so what brand-subframe-under.jpg   i want to get bolt on sfc's so what brand-car.jpg  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The only problem with them is they don't tuck nearly as well. They fact yours are painted red shows just how much lower the SLP's hang. And your car appears to be stock height as well, when you lower the car, clearance becomes even less. Very strong, but not nearly as nice a fit IMHO.

Sam (who sells SLP parts as well)