Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need a non-stock location torque arm for 200R-4 conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 03:15 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a non-stock location torque arm for 200R-4 conversion?

Plan to convert from an M6 to a 200R-4 and I have to run a new torque arm, one that doesnt mount on the side of the transmission. It has to have a different mounting location, and the only one that I can think of, is the ones with the crossmembers. Are there any other ones? Which one would be the best for a street driven car, but will be taken to the track every so often? Just need some opinions and feedback because I havent been keeping up lately with the suspension section. Thanks
Old 06-18-2003, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Re: Need a non-stock location torque arm for 200R-4 conversion?

I believe the Spohn and the Madman TA's mount to the crossmember location. Spohn I understand to be a bolt in with D/S loops, Madman I believe takes some welding.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Spohn, the Madman, and the BMR are the only ones that I know of that offer a torque arm that uses a crossmember. I wanted to know which would be the best to go with as far as a street driven car that will be taken to the track every so often. Thanks
Old 06-19-2003, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Madman, stock ride height, and my exhaust has to hang VERY low to clear under it. 2 1/2 to 3" off the ground. I scrape everywhere, even on mildly bumpy streets when someone else is in the car with me. I'm going to get a skid plate welded on to my Y-pipe. Good torque arm, but not super street friendly. I've seen the Spohn and BMR, and they seem more street friendly. FWIW. I don't think I'll break it tho.

-Andrew
Old 06-19-2003, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMR makes that trac-pac tq arm. sounds like what you're looking for. im interested in seeing how your car will run. i've been considering building a 200-4r myself. basically a manual reverse valve body and no tv cable, you'd only need a built tranny, converter and a shifter to make it work. hrmm...
Old 06-19-2003, 09:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

I'm not clear on what the ground clearance is like for the BMR drag tq arm, I was under the impression that I could not run dual exhaust with it unless I wanted it low hanging.

You could also fab up a custom mount, like the Yank, that would allow you to run a stock style tq arm that bolts up the trans crossmember (area).

Quick Reply: Need a non-stock location torque arm for 200R-4 conversion?