Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sportline and G2 Super Spring users inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sportline and G2 Super Spring users inside

Ok I was looking around on the web today and found a pic of this and almost past out. This car has the perfect stance. I have a good feeling that theyre Eibach Sportlines, but what springs would give me that same drop just with more spring rate. The reason why is because I hear in some cases with the Sportlines with 11 inch meats out back they like to come in contact with the wheel wells on slight bumps on the freeway. Im thinking that the G2's will do something close if not exactly like this, just with more spring rate. For thoes of you that Have the G2 springs, did it lower your car more than advritised or was it spot on. Im lookin at this with 17x11's with the correct measurements in the future and figured that I would end up with the springs before the wheels. All infor in appreciated
Old 06-19-2003, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Re: Sportline and G2 Super Spring users inside

I have the G2 Hypercoils with the Bilstien HD's. Check my sig. Dropped the car considerably.
No issues!
Matt.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:15 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stang Killer, that pic looks amazing. The ride height is absoloutly perfect! I've been going over and over in my head whether or not to buy the G2 springs. I want a complete setup from LG. I have no doubt that it will look amazing, I just don't want to scrape stuff with all the bumpy roads and speed bumps around here. Pewter, do you have any problems with ground clearance? I figure you just have to drive careful, but I want some BMR SFCs and am saving for KOOKs Headers. I just don't want to mangle a set of headers/scrape up my undercarriage

Rob
Old 06-19-2003, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stangkiller,

You may consider using Koni Bump stops on the actual shocks, you can tune them with plastic spacers (called packers) and the bump stops are referred to as "rubbers" or "bump rubbers". That may prevent any nasty bottoming issues (I am running the Koni setup with no stock bumpstops at all and it works great). Just a thought....that way you may not need to hunt for other spring rates and you are free to remove your stock bumpstops for wheel clearance......just my thoughts.

Good luck!
Old 06-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

stang killer - My car sits pretty much exactly like that TA and I have sportlines. The only diff is that my back end is a tad higher (Enough for wider and taller tires, and mine are taller then stock as it is 285/40/17). I hear that most sportline users have the back end level with the front, but mine kept the back end a tad higher, so yea I guess I got a good set :p.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are 3 different cars running 3 different spring sets

The images were taken seconds apart, so they are with the same camera, same photographer, same lighting, same location.

I lightened the the black car so that it might be easier to see the ride height
Old 06-20-2003, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitchntx you are the man. Thanks a lot. Since your in tx if I ever meet up with ya one day ill buy you lunch
Old 06-20-2003, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks but not necessary ...

Just tell Lou that Mitch sent you when you order ...