Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

getting LCA relocation brackets w/ rear out.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default getting LCA relocation brackets w/ rear out.

I'm getting a 9 inch from a user on here and was thinking it'd be easier to take the rearend to a shop and have them weld on the LCA relocation brackets before putting it in the car...is this advisable?

Chad
Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sure,get it welded while the rear is out.
either way, its not a big deal.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate welding upside down, or in tight spots... So when I had my 12bolt out to freshen it up, i welded mine in. Worked like a charm, and made it easier to figure out a fix for the e-brake cable brackets.

J.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
I hate welding upside down, or in tight spots... So when I had my 12bolt out to freshen it up, i welded mine in. Worked like a charm, and made it easier to figure out a fix for the e-brake cable brackets.

J.

Well I don't weld myself...I'll be bringing the rear to someone, still no problems right?

Chad
Old 12-12-2007, 11:59 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

my fabricated rearends have built-in relocators as a standard feature... no need for a welder!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
Well I don't weld myself...I'll be bringing the rear to someone, still no problems right?

Chad
Chad... Shouldnt be a problem as long as the guy doing it isnt a total tard. He really just has to make sure both sides are situated the same. In other words... When he bolts the brackets in, he should pull them both back against the pocket all the way. Make sure they are both oriented the same and all. I used an angle finder on the backs of mine just to confirm they were equal. I ended up grinding a bit on the one side to remove some burrs and what not so they were the same.

Shouldnt be a problem for someone even halfway intellegent.

J.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Chad... Shouldnt be a problem as long as the guy doing it isnt a total tard. He really just has to make sure both sides are situated the same. In other words... When he bolts the brackets in, he should pull them both back against the pocket all the way. Make sure they are both oriented the same and all. I used an angle finder on the backs of mine just to confirm they were equal. I ended up grinding a bit on the one side to remove some burrs and what not so they were the same.

Shouldnt be a problem for someone even halfway intellegent.

J.
Alright J. appreciate that, I'll take it to AC carcraft which is suppose to be one of the best chassis shops around...

Chad