Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Advantage of 3 point subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advantage of 3 point subframe connectors

I'm about to be buying some subframe connectors soon, and i'm not exactly sure what to get. I have been searching around and cant seem to find anything on what is better, or what the advantages are of having 3 point connectors or 2 point.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

We recommend the 3-Point design when running a tunnel mounted torque arm that bolts in the tunnel area. The 3-Point SFC's reduces the stress from the floor, see picture below for a example. Other then that the 2-Point SFC's will work for any application.

If you have any questions please contact us. Thank you!
Ryan

Old 01-17-2008, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Ryan. One more question. I have read that the boxed SFC's are stronger, but I want to get bolt in ones. I am buying them from UMI, but does UMI sell the boxed in a bolt in version? And if not are the tubular ones just as good as the boxed or should I just go with the weld in's?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion...go with the weld in. I actually have the SLP boxed 3 point weld in and am considering removing them ind installing UMIs weld in tubulars...I just dont like the way the SLPs are designed and installed. With respect to strength I dont think there is really a difference but I could be wrong.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The tubulars will work just the same as the boxed style and you will notice no difference. The bolt in tubular style is a 100% bolt in that requires no drilling, cutting or gridning and can be installed in 20 minutes. And you can always weld them at a later date if needed.

Please let me know if I can help anymore. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 01-18-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

ill ask what has probably been asked 1000 times already....which SFC would be best for me? 02 TA, 6spd. i autox it (no real classes so that doesnt matter). im running the koni/strano setup. when the weather clears up, ill have the adj. PHB installed and aligned. perhaps this year, ill get LCA. i have the stock torque arm, but may upgrade in the future (this season or next). i already decided on bolt ins, but which would be best, the 2 or 3 point?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
ill ask what has probably been asked 1000 times already....which SFC would be best for me? 02 TA, 6spd. i autox it (no real classes so that doesnt matter). im running the koni/strano setup. when the weather clears up, ill have the adj. PHB installed and aligned. perhaps this year, ill get LCA. i have the stock torque arm, but may upgrade in the future (this season or next). i already decided on bolt ins, but which would be best, the 2 or 3 point?
You are right...this question has been asked 1000 times. In fact, it was asked by the ORIGINAL POSTER in this thread...so how 'bout you read the damned thing?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

how about you kiss my ***
Old 01-18-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
how about you kiss my ***
NOW, NOW...lets not get nasty like that.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BYUNSPEED
LOL, EchoMirage, shoot me a call when you have time and we'll discuss some options for you based on your budget, 2 pts or 3 pts, weld ins or bolt ins. The UMIs and Spohns we have are in stock and ready to ship. We have a lot of items on sale and shipped for free.
how long does your sale last. i wasnt planning on getting them soon, but if its a short term deal.....
Old 01-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

My BMR safety loop ties the SLP 3-point bolt-ins together in the middle. I've himed and hawed about how much of them to weld. The pinch weld flange along the outside at the least, I guess.

Quick Reply: Advantage of 3 point subframe connectors