Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need advice on what to get....adj.PHR , Hotchkis, and LCA's

Old 07-10-2003, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on what to get....adj.PHR , Hotchkis, and LCA's

Okay bare with me...I swapped out rearends( stock 10 bolt for a stock 10 bolt w/3.73's and TA cover)..anyways after the install I noticed the pass side tire sticks out a little more than the driver side (talking about the rear)....Will an adj PHR (BMR)solve this?......Second my pass side rear tire is a little thrusted forward more than the driver side just a little bit....will adj LCA's solve this?...tubular or boxed?....and finally I want to lower my ride with Hotchkis but my pass side is lower than the driver...(i know this because of the floor jack)...but have read that this is usually normal.....Will it still be the same after the install of the springs?....I know I have to get an adjPHR when lowering the car but I wanted to know will all this solve my issues?..... ...Thanx
Old 07-10-2003, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Need advice on what to get....adj.PHR , Hotchkis, and LCA's

hey man get the PHR and LCA's that Jeff aka BADZ is selling. those are bad ***. both are dbl. adj. and it should help out with the prob. you got on your hands.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, the adj. panhard bar will let you change the side-to-side movement of the axle, so one tire wont stick out farther than the other. If you lower the car, it would be the same as putting a longer panhard bar on, which would cause one tire to stick out further. Once you get the panhard in there you will just have to try it, until everything looks flush. I have never seen adj. boxed LCAs, so if you're getting adj LCA's they are going to be tubular which will work great on your car. To check if the back tire is thrusted farther foward than the other tire, I would find a point other than the fender to measure from. The fender may be slightly off due to manufacturing specs, also make sure the control arm mounts havent been damaged. If everything looks great(control arm mounts) I would measure from back tire to the front tire then compare both sides. Adjustable LCA's should allow you to move one side closer to the front of the car than the other, but don't over do it or you will change pinion angle. I would imagine that the new springs would allow the car to sit more level than the worn out stock springs. But it could be the stock panhard bar lifting one side of the car, since it sounds like its already pushing the passenger tire out.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:38 PM

Thanks guy's for the comments, I try!!!!

Search this Thread