Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

reinstalling the stock torque arm..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reinstalling the stock torque arm..

Is there some sort of trick to this? This is practically the last thing I have left to do with my clutch install and it's been the bitchiest part to get back on. It came off effortlessly when I first removed it but for some reason I cannot get the holes even close to lining up on the rear end. I jacked the rear end up to get it angled back to where it should be and it's still not coming close. (I took the T.A. off with the car on jackstands (supported by the frame) and it seems like it would have to have been angled then too...and it came off just fine). Is there an easy way to get it back on? I dont even want to know how I'm going to get it back in the mount up on the trans once I get it re-attached to the rear either....ugh
Old 03-03-2008, 06:43 PM

I never took mine off the rear. Putting it on the trans was a bitch. Just took time and I had to walk away from it for a while.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Teching In

It didn't seem like the trans was going to come out if I didn't take it off the rear (though I left my exhaust on during the clutch swap so maybe I could have without that in the way). I'm REALLY regretting taking it off now if I didn't have to.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

hey man not to sound like a dick but its pretty self explanatory, i mean, you just put it on lol, never had a problem with it before, try jacking up the rear to tilt downwards to get the angle you need, or vise versa, not too sure why you cant get it
Old 03-04-2008, 01:48 AM
TECH Addict

Assuming the car is on jackstands, put your floor jack under the rear differential und raise or lower it to give you the right angle for the holes to line up. It can be a pain but it will line up, it just takes some playing.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Resident

Assuming the car is on jackstands, put your floor jack under the rear differential und raise or lower it to give you the right angle for the holes to line up. It can be a pain but it will line up, it just takes some playing.
When my friend and I installed my 12 bolt thats all we did, it certainly was not difficult getting the T/A back on