Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

This, That, or Both?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This, That, or Both?

When I buy my sub frame connectors will I even need to buy a tower brace? Should I get the 2point or 3point SFC's? So a tower brace, sfc's, or both? Only pushin about 350rwhp. Thanks for your professional opinions
Old 02-19-2008, 04:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stb = waste of money. the best use for it is a handle bar or something to hold onto when working in the engine bay
Old 02-19-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
When I buy my sub frame connectors will I even need to buy a tower brace? Should I get the 2point or 3point SFC's? So a tower brace, sfc's, or both? Only pushin about 350rwhp. Thanks for your professional opinions
No you don't need a STB. You don't need SFCs either. They are nice to have as a jackpoint. If the car does flex a lot, then I guess SFCs would assist in preventing that, but I've never seen any physical evidence that the car flexes. Some people say it does, and others say it doesn't.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Teching In

STB are a waste… SFC on the other hand are something you should really consider… even if they don’t improve the ride quality (which they do) you should still get them for safety reasons… if you’ve ever seen the aftermath of a f-body having been t-boned or wrapped around a tree without SFC is not a pretty sight… the SFC will stiffen up the car and reduce the amount of bending that accurse from a side impact…. So pretty much if your hit from the passenger side the SFC will help prevent your right door from becoming your new armrest…
Old 02-19-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acidburn
STB are a waste… SFC on the other hand are something you should really consider… even if they don’t improve the ride quality (which they do) you should still get them for safety reasons… if you’ve ever seen the aftermath of a f-body having been t-boned or wrapped around a tree without SFC is not a pretty sight… the SFC will stiffen up the car and reduce the amount of bending that accurse from a side impact…. So pretty much if your hit from the passenger side the SFC will help prevent your right door from becoming your new armrest…
Hopefully he wont hafta test this out but good point. Im sure that they do help with the flex in the car when the weight transfers from front to rear on a hard launch.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Well as of right now the car is somewhere around 350rwhp. I wanna be gettin atleast 370 or whatever the maximum is with bolt ons. I just don't wanna be wasting money on power mods when I cant get it to the ground. I gun it at 30 and 40 and still spin like crazy even with traction control on..

Quick Reply: This, That, or Both?