LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-16/)
-   -   Opinions on this Ride Height/Stance (https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/868838-opinions-ride-height-stance.html)

JasonWW 02-21-2008 11:41 PM

Opinions on this Ride Height/Stance

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...dfrontarch.jpg

If you need some help, I raised the front wheel arch about 1 inch and then lowered the front of the car about the same. I think it gives it a more tapered or wedge shape similar to the corvettes and the Cadillac XLR. It just looks lower and leaner to me.

Hawk108 02-21-2008 11:58 PM

That looks sick!

Laffs 02-22-2008 12:03 AM

If you could actually do that, and make it look "oem" in a sense, then that would be amazing looking.

THE PUNSSHR 02-22-2008 12:06 AM

Looks good!! Perfect gaps betweem the tires and fenders.. XLR style..bad-ass!!

go-t 02-22-2008 12:50 AM

That stance is amazing and I love the C6 rims awesome car

King Nothing 02-22-2008 01:32 AM

it looks friggin sweet

Kingc8r 02-22-2008 01:54 AM

that's the best looking T/A I've ever seen....looks great

JasonWW 02-22-2008 04:10 AM

Judging by the response I guess I have a winner.

Originally Posted by Laffs (Post 8765875)
If you could actually do that, and make it look "oem" in a sense, then that would be amazing looking.

What do you see as being the major obstacles?

From the research I've done it definitely looks possible. The plastic front fenders should be fairly easy to cut without having to repaint them. It's not going to have a pretty lip underneath the edge but that isn't going to bother me.

In order to maintain 2 to 3 inches of compression travel up front at that ride height it is going to take a lot of work as I've been researching this for a long time. I plan to run airbags along with my Koni shocks so I can lift the car for steep driveways. I also came up with an idea to cut and weld two steering spindles together to make a single drop spindle. That will give me the drop.

Then all I need to do is make room for the tire. I plan to add wheel tubs up front. This has already been done before so I know it's possible.

I'm not concerned about the front air scoop as it will be gone.

I can also limit the suspension travel to make sure the car does not scrape the ground when going through a dip.

The biggest issue I have a right now concerns getting the full length headers to tuck up high enough. It's no big deal to add some tunnels to the front floor boards but they may still hang down too low. I know the engine can be raised about 1 inch. Maybe 2 inches if I modify the underside of the cowl. Now the best way to do that is also the most expensive. I can get a turbo style K member and modify it to raise both the engine, oil pan and steering rack. This will increase my ground clearance as well as raise the headers. From my research, this can also be done. I probably will have to lower the K member a little to remove the intake manifold, but that's no big deal to me.

So yes, I'm pretty sure it can be done and still have a good performance ride. It's just going to take some work, but I think the results are going to be worth it.

JasonWW 02-22-2008 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by go-t (Post 8766070)
That stance is amazing and I love the C6 rims awesome car

The car in your sig pic looks bad ass too. Do you have any more pictures or some details on?

BlackBADaSS02 02-22-2008 06:56 AM

That stance is sick. Looks perfect.

02gtp4now 02-22-2008 07:19 AM

looks sick i like it

The Black Pearl 02-22-2008 07:47 AM

Looks good!

colby72olds 02-22-2008 09:21 AM

looks awesome!

Ls1CamaroGuy87 02-22-2008 12:40 PM

It looks very nice! so sleek.....

GinoLS1 02-22-2008 01:27 PM

Looks Smooth...

turbozcamaro 02-22-2008 01:41 PM

perfect stance and I love those rims, what size are they???

Laffs 02-23-2008 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by JasonWW (Post 8766470)
Judging by the response I guess I have a winner.

What do you see as being the major obstacles?

From the research I've done it definitely looks possible. The plastic front fenders should be fairly easy to cut without having to repaint them. It's not going to have a pretty lip underneath the edge but that isn't going to bother me.

Thats kinda what I meant, I think the best thing would be to recreate the lip and edges and have the whole fender painted. That along with the mods you listed above would be an awesome stance and make it look like it was supposed to be like that.

NHRAMAN 02-23-2008 12:13 AM

Cool..not Real World=photoshop..............right....:engarde:

JasonWW 02-23-2008 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Laffs (Post 8773573)
Thats kinda what I meant, I think the best thing would be to recreate the lip and edges and have the whole fender painted.

I don't think it's possible to recreate the lip and edges. The plastic these fenders are made of is very difficult to work with. It would be much simpler to just carefully cut the new shape into it. One thing I didn't think about is that without the lip, the edge might flex or bulge out. I could probably bond up piece of steel rod to the backside to give it support.

Using this method I really don't see any reason that the fender would need to be repainted. That will save you $500 in paint work right there.

patriot1136 02-23-2008 12:33 AM

perfect