Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

midwest crossmember doesn't fit HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation midwest crossmember doesn't fit HELP!!!

everything else is awesome the torque arm bracket on the rear had to be grinded on the driver side by the back bolt hole a tiny bit.

but the main concern for me is the TSP cross member doesn't line up with the holes, 3 holes are fine and the passenger side front one misses by a good 1/4"

what the hell do I do?

Chad
Old 02-24-2008, 12:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
everything else is awesome the torque arm bracket on the rear had to be grinded on the driver side by the back bolt hole a tiny bit.

but the main concern for me is the TSP cross member doesn't line up with the holes, 3 holes are fine and the passenger side front one misses by a good 1/4"

what the hell do I do?

Chad
all of the crossmember brackets are fit to a fixture that has worked very well on the current crossmembers. there are bolts installed in the bracket holes on the fixture when the assembly process begins. the bolt holes on the cars aren't exactly in the same location all the time, and occasionally will require a bit of massaging to get one or another to line up. i do not manufacture the brackets with huge oversize holes or slots purposely. there is quite a bit of tolerance in the hole locations on these cars, so a little misalignment here or there is not uncommon. you may need to take a little off of two opposite holes instead of alot from one hole.

Last edited by ssvert99; 02-24-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ssvert99
all of the crossmember brackets are fit to a fixture that has worked very well on the current crossmembers. there are bolts installed in the bracket holes on the fixture when the assembly process begins. the bolt holes on the cars aren't exactly in the same location all the time, and occasionally will require a bit of massaging to get one or another to line up. i do not manufacture the brackets with huge oversize holes or slots purposely. there is quite a bit of tolerance in the hole locations on these cars, so a little misalignment here or there is not uncommon. you may need to take a little off of two opposite holes instead of alot from one hole.
yeah that was my concern to have one big *** gapping hole.

guys this is top notch customer service....at TWO in the morning!

so I should just massage the other side a bit for it to all fall in place?

Chad
Old 02-24-2008, 01:10 AM
12 Second Club

problem taken care of

guys don't be afraid to give eric a call his customer service is top notch and so is his product.

this thread should be a testament to that.

Chad
Old 02-24-2008, 03:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, can't beat that service thats for sure
Old 02-25-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Eric is an awesome guy. You just have to respect someone that follows through with his product the way he does. He truly believes in what he does, and the product he provides, and it definitely sold me on his company now, and in the future.

Quick Reply: midwest crossmember doesn't fit HELP!!!