Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question on Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question on Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets

I have a 2000 TA WS6 M6 and when i bought it the guy said it was lowered, i dont know how much but it doesnt look like a lot. Anyways whenever i get on it real hard i get massive wheel hop. Will lower control arm relocator brackets solve this? if so what do you have to do to put them on. And also i was thinking about putting stock coil springs back on it cuz the ride quality is sh*t. Were the WS6 springs different from any other ta or formula or z28?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by litemup
I have a 2000 TA WS6 M6 and when i bought it the guy said it was lowered, i dont know how much but it doesnt look like a lot. Anyways whenever i get on it real hard i get massive wheel hop. Will lower control arm relocator brackets solve this? if so what do you have to do to put them on. And also i was thinking about putting stock coil springs back on it cuz the ride quality is sh*t. Were the WS6 springs different from any other ta or formula or z28?
The control arm relocation brackets would help with the wheel hop issue. If you have a foactory rear in the car a set of bolt on relcation brackets (part # CAB002) will bolt right on with minimal modifications to the car. You can find the relocation brackets here http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodyDrivetrain.htm The springs on the WS6 are slightly different but still would have a good ride quality, so I would have to say your have been changed.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 03-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

would i be able to just put a coil spring from a regular trans am without a ws6 package?
Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by litemup
I've got bad wheel hop because I too am lowered without these brackets installed yet. You are probably lowered and still have the stock shocks on which can't handle the lowering. Look and see if you have the orange decarbons(which are the suck) or the bilsteins. Also the handling can help with an adjustable panhard rod. Lowering looks good but without the whole package of accessories reveals shortcomings.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they cured 90% of my wheel hop on my old car after I lowered it.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude this should be a mandatory mod . when i put the relocation brackets on i could go a round turns crazy . when going over bumps the rear sticks down on the road . add some nice lcas and you are set !

Quick Reply: Question on Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets