Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Springs & KYB AGX Ride Quality

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano Springs & KYB AGX Ride Quality

Hey guys, quick question: Anyone here running Sam's springs with the AGX shocks? My girlfriend and I are saving up for the Koni SA shocks, but we want to get Sam's springs on to replace the horrible sportlines that are on the car now. Sam suggested the AGX as a distant second to the Koni since the Bilsteins he Stranos are unavailable. Just looking to see if the ride on the AGX shocks will be bearable until we save up the coin on the Koni set.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just from a money stand point I would wait until you save the money for the konis. The 4 AGX are going to cost alittle over $400 then you have install and alignment on top of that. Then when you get your Koni's you are going to have to install and align them and your agx's aren't going to be worth much used.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

If you are going to buy konis anyway, why not just wait until you can afford them?
Old 03-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Teching In

I already have the AGX shocks on the car now (with the sportlines), and currently saving for the Koni. It looks like I forgot to mention it in my original post. I was just seeing if anyone has run the Strano springs and AGX shocks.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

You AND your girlfriend are saving? What is it, like a neighborhood car or something? Just thought it was kinda funny. If you just want to lower the car, buy the springs.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Hardcore LS1
I already have the AGX shocks on the car now (with the sportlines)
I missed that part
Old 03-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brad Hutchcraft
You AND your girlfriend are saving? What is it, like a neighborhood car or something? Just thought it was kinda funny. If you just want to lower the car, buy the springs.
Yep, just your typical 500hp neighborhood owned F-body. Considering she is into cars as much as I, and we are getting married, why not pool our funds on the car?

I don't want to lower the car more than it is, as I already said the car currently has sportline springs, and I already bought a set of Sam's springs last year, just haven't had the time to get them put on with all the motor work, powertour, autorama, and other events the car was at last year.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Junkie

I guess it's your call. It will be extra work to put on and take off the springs, though you probably don't need to use a spring compressor much since the sportlines are low and the stranos you'll only need to compress slightly.

If you put the stranos on the KYBs and then put them on the konis you will have experience with both setups which is great for giving your opinion on ls1tech when people ask if anyone's tried the two different setups.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the AGX/Strano setup and I like it. Ride quality is good and I have them set at 6. I still need to get an alignment though.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Go for the AGX/Strano setup; it will ride and handle alot better then the AGX/sportlines! Then later if you still want the konis you'll have some more practice under your belt with removing /installing the suspension on your car!

Quick Reply: Strano Springs & KYB AGX Ride Quality