Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

A Must for All Lowered Cars

Old 03-01-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Must for All Lowered Cars

from Fast Toys......check out the link:
http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...oducts_id=1366

just got mine and finally had a chance to try them out. they really work, and are totally worth it if you have a lowered car and cant use ramps. my TA is LOW, and the exhaust hangs down way lower then it should. these ramps worked fine, no hitting, scraping, or anything. i have koni 4/4 and strano springs....fronts set on middle perch, and i kept the rear isolator. theyre made by rhino ramps, and are covered in what looks and feels like the rhino spray-on bed liner. they are pretty big, almost 6ft long, so they will take up room. but youre able to easily pull the car up to the end, and its high enough for me to slide on my creeper all the way to the trans crossmember, which is just about halfway down the car. they dont slide when driving up them, and i had mine on hard, smooth concrete.

they also have another set called roll-ups, which are used either in conjunction with these ramps, or alone as mini-ramp just to get a jack under. ill be buying them as well, since i swap tires alot during autox season, and none of my jacks fit under the front of my car without driving up on planks. i highly recommend these to anyone with a lowered car, theyre worth it.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

the cars too low to slide my hydraulic jack under without getting it up on planks first. i have some 2x10 planks that i used to build ramps that basically rise three planks high over 4 feet. not a whole lot of space, but enough to get under the car.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

those are nice as **** man. but expensive as hell. i told my friend about these because his car is lowered. hopefully he gets them so i can "borrow" them.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the jack that came with the car to raise it high enough to get the jack under. After 8 years of owning the car I've gotten really good at it; can't take any longer than setting up ramps.

However, those ramps do look cool and worth it.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Viper
I use the jack that came with the car to raise it high enough to get the jack under. After 8 years of owning the car I've gotten really good at it; can't take any longer than setting up ramps.

However, those ramps do look cool and worth it.
theres nothing to set up with these ramps. all one piece. just shove under the front of the car and drive up. believe me, its alot faster then using 2 jacks. not to mention you can use these ramps for any kind of car or truck, it doesnt have to be lowered. now i can change the oil on my 02 TA, 78 TA, and even my mothers vibe without using planks or rigging up something on my old ramps. theyre not cheap, but buy it once and youll have them forever.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

Rhino truck/SUV ramps and two pieces of 2x4 saves you $220. Place 2x4 between ramp and tire. Nice product, but they are price gouging the lowered with those.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to use my spare jack as well to get mine high enough, but the threads ended up hating life, plus it gouged my subframe connectors every time I used it. I got fed up with it, and went with an AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ, and haven't looked back. It reaches under the pumpkin from the back, and from an angle can get to the center of the k-member up front.

Those ramps look If I ever decide to get some, it will be those.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the spare jack I use the stock mounting point vs the subframe. Echomirage I agree with you, they are as easy as putting in place and driving up; I was referring to those that have to place a couple board together to do so.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Those look sweet but dang why so much $$$?
Old 03-02-2008, 02:55 AM
TECH Resident

yeah man 270 bucks, wow. You can build a set out of 2x6's for 15 bucks.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

I saw those. I'd love to have them too. I just can't justify almost three hundred bucks for them. They are definately nice though.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mirage- i got a jack that slides under the car, and i have the same suspension setup as you. its big, bulky and a pain in the neck to use, but it will fit under anything. here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Desig..._auto_title_24

i saw the ramps before i bought this jack but the thing is, i needed a new jack anyway so i figured this would eliminate the need to make 2 purchases and in the end i will save money.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Those are expensive ramps. WOW.

Call me "cheap" but I just payed like $40 for some very good ramps at a local automotive mega store. They look identical to the $200+ ramps above!
Old 03-02-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

I got some Magnum ramps from Pep Boys and my Vette goes up no problem. Those are some nice *** ramps though!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

does this come with four ramps to lift all four wheels or just 2 for the front?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm... I made some out of 2x12 scrap leftover from a friends house remodel. It was easy to cut them down into a nice slant and it costed me $268.99 less than those would have.. lol.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those are definitely really nice, but way to expensive for me, Ill stick with the home made budget idea.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

for all the guys posting about the wooden ramps, we have all seen them done before. this isn't a novel idea. but i don't have a radial arm saw at home, nor do i have any wood working tools. granted i could get ahold of them if i wanted to, but this is a much more convenient option. he's posting a good review to help other people out there who are like me and don't want to do that. just cause it wasn't a good deal for you guys doesn't mean that others won't wanna buy it. just look at it from another persons perspective before you jump in here and and brag about how much money you saved... or i'l come to your garage and unleash a load of termites!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by qwikz28
for all the guys posting about the wooden ramps, we have all seen them done before. this isn't a novel idea. but i don't have a radial arm saw at home, nor do i have any wood working tools. granted i could get ahold of them if i wanted to, but this is a much more convenient option. he's posting a good review to help other people out there who are like me and don't want to do that. just cause it wasn't a good deal for you guys doesn't mean that others won't wanna buy it. just look at it from another persons perspective before you jump in here and and brag about how much money you saved... or i'l come to your garage and unleash a load of termites!
finally, some who got the purpose of what i did. i have a radial saw....i have lumber. ive been using hacked together stuff for long enough. i bought my house specifically for the big driveway and huge garage. so i want the best of what i can find when it comes to tools/equipment. im going to be here forever, so why not buy a quality set of ramps that will last forever?

and to themack56: these are just 2 ramps. they also have smaller jobs call 'rollups' which just raise the car enough to get a jack under, or you can also put them on the opposite side of these ramps to raise the entire car. im going to get them also, a few months from now probably.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by trexbob
Those look sweet but dang why so much $$$?
right . I would pay $100.

$270 my jack and stands didn't even cost that much

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Must for All Lowered Cars