Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pan hard rod and LCA suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pan hard rod and LCA suggestion?

I am in the market for some rear lower control arms, and a good pan hard rod, are they all pretty much the same with the exception of adjustable ones. are the adj. ones even very necessary? im just looking for some opinions on different rear suspension setups, im looking to lower my 60 foot and ets and get rid of wheel hop. without breaking the bank too please.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the elderbrock adj panhard and torque arm. they weren't too exp but good clearance and make the car ride better.

less wheel rubbing

they look awesome too
Old 03-24-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Try the UMI rod/poly combos. Best for performance, handling, noise. They sell them as a set, although there is not really a price savings. Rod/rod are noisy, poly/poly bind too much. Non-adjustable are pointless for the most part. Be sure and get a 4 wheel alignment when installed, and let the tech know how they are adjusted. Relocation brackets also help.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by DevilDougWS6
I am in the market for some rear lower control arms, and a good pan hard rod, are they all pretty much the same with the exception of adjustable ones. are the adj. ones even very necessary? im just looking for some opinions on different rear suspension setups, im looking to lower my 60 foot and ets and get rid of wheel hop. without breaking the bank too please.
The only necessary adjustable part is going to be a panhard rod. An adjustable panhard rod is going to allow you to properly position the rear side to side in the car, even a stock ride height car is not always correct from the factory. The only time I recommend an adjustable lower control arm is for if you are needing to fit a larger tire on the car and and do not want to cut on the wheel wells. A good part for helping to eliminate wheel hop is a set of lower control arm relocation brackets. If you have any questions regarding our products please feel free to ask.

All of these items can be found here on sale-
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/taxrefundsale.htm

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 03-25-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I also went with the Edelbrock Panhard (adj) and love it. Was easy to install and adjust.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just ordered an adjustable panhard rod and a set of adjustable LCA's from BRM.

adjustable is the way to go, you can position the rear end exactly where it needs to be. and you can fine tune it for your setup on the street or on the track.

BMR has one hell of a deal going on too. i saved 60bucks on these two items compared to normal everyday pricing. more info can be found here https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/882534-tax-refund-sale-bmr-fabrication-4th-gen-suspension-parts.html
Old 03-26-2008, 05:37 AM
TECH Addict

I would definitely get adjustable everything. It offers more flexibility for future mods should you need it. As far as a which manufacturer I have all UMI stuff and love it. Awesome quality and even better customer service.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

I have the Eibach sportline kit on my car, with a nonadjustable panhard rod, and when I look at my car, the rear right tire sticks out more from the side then the left side. The only reason I am swapping to an adjustable is to correct that offset.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:47 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by presto_z
i just ordered an adjustable panhard rod and a set of adjustable LCA's from BRM.

adjustable is the way to go, you can position the rear end exactly where it needs to be. and you can fine tune it for your setup on the street or on the track.

BMR has one hell of a deal going on too. i saved 60bucks on these two items compared to normal everyday pricing. more info can be found here https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882534
Thanks for the order Let me know if you have any questions during the installation!!

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 03-27-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

I found the adjustable LCAs to be a must after installing my moser 12 bolt.

The wheels were not centered at all. It was bad enough that I decided to take to a alignment shop to have the rear centered in all four directions