Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI K-member spacer

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default UMI K-member spacer needed?

This weekend I installed my UMI k-member (along with a whole mess of other things) and while getting all the boxes together to throw out a spacer fell out of the box. I dug through all the paper and found another. It didnt come with any instructions but on the UMI website it looks like they go between the k-member and subframe at the rear bolts. Is this correct? Can I get away with not putting them in or does the car need to go up on the rack again? Thanks.

Last edited by Chocolate Apocalypse; 03-31-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: added text
Old 04-01-2008, 05:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea that is correct on where they go. We zip tie them there to make sure they are not forgotten. With out them you will probably be ok, but if you can get them in do so.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Ryan, it looks like the spacers were just floating around in the box but I'll go ahead and put them in when my buddy's rack is freed up.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse
Thanks Ryan, it looks like the spacers were just floating around in the box but I'll go ahead and put them in when my buddy's rack is freed up.
I checked with shipping and they confirmed they always zip tie the spacers in place, but he was afraid maybe the zip ties had broke during the shipping. Sorry about that