Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

hey guys(sam strano) i am in need of your heelp?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hey guys(sam strano) i am in need of your heelp?????

hey guys i need your help! i want to change my shocks ASAP on my 98 trans am wich has 72xxx miles and still has the factory shocks and it drives like crap. i want to order the slp bilstein shocks but idont know which lowering springs(pro kit or strano)? the problem is that i dont want to lower my car much becouse my rear wheels are c6 20" with tires 295/30/20 i put wheel spacers(1 1/4") and doble ajustable panhar bar , i also rolled the fenders so tath they wouldn't hit the fender . wich one would u recomended????? sam are they in stock?????
Attached Thumbnails hey guys(sam strano) i am in need of your heelp?????-tmpphp53ltxi-1-.jpg   hey guys(sam strano) i am in need of your heelp?????-tmpphplt9fui-1-.jpg   hey guys(sam strano) i am in need of your heelp?????-tmpphpwy22w0-1-.jpg   hey guys(sam strano) i am in need of your heelp?????-tmpphpyvfngj-1-.jpg   hey guys(sam strano) i am in need of your heelp?????-chente-phone-2-028.jpg  

Old 04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/898383-need-some-stranos.html

Wait for strano or contact him for alternatives. If you like a ROUGH *** ride, bilstein's and the prokit is for you.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't have any magically answers.... First off, SLP Bilsteins' are really not ideal for either spring you are looking at, but more appropriate for the Eibach's because of the softer rate. However the LS1 Pro-kit tends to be quite low and not ride of handle quite as well because the suspension is compromised.

As for the wheels and tires and the fitting of them: Springs have nothing to do with them fitting, ultimately the car will be on the bumpstops at some point, and that's the point that any rubbing or hitting will be worst. Because you are dealing with a size that isn't exactly common, and I don't have any idea what the relative size of the tire and the wheel offset is, I can't ever tell you one will be better than another.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I don't have any magically answers.... First off, SLP Bilsteins' are really not ideal for either spring you are looking at, but more appropriate for the Eibach's because of the softer rate. However the LS1 Pro-kit tends to be quite low and not ride of handle quite as well because the suspension is compromised.

As for the wheels and tires and the fitting of them: Springs have nothing to do with them fitting, ultimately the car will be on the bumpstops at some point, and that's the point that any rubbing or hitting will be worst. Because you are dealing with a size that isn't exactly common, and I don't have any idea what the relative size of the tire and the wheel offset is, I can't ever tell you one will be better than another.
UMMM I THINK THAT IM GOING TO BUY THE SLP KIT SHOCKS AND SPRINGS CUZ I DONT HAVE MONEY TO BUY A MORE EXPENSIVE SET. I THINK THAT THE CAR WILL DRIVE WAY BETTER THAN HOW ITS NOW WITH THE FACTORY SHOCKS THAT ARE ALL **** UP RIGHT???? HEY SAM DO U HAVE THE SLP KIT IN STOCK????????
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

No, I don't have the SLP shocks in stock. And no, I don't believe they are necessarily way better than stock. Depends how bad your stock stuff is, and remember that Bilstein changed their rears to be more *like* DeCarbon's.

If you are thinking of SLP shocks/springs, you'd be far better off IMHO to get Koni's and run stock springs (similar money) and use the lower perch. You'd get a similar height, but way better shocks, and shocks you can control the damping in.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!