Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ls1 brake conversion for my Lt1?

Old 04-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 brake conversion for my Lt1?

My rotors and pads are shot on my Lt1 and I have someone that will be doing an Ls1 conversion on my car this Saturday. He gave me a great deal on the spindles, calipers and all. I understand that it should be a huge improvement over my Lt1 brakes set up and I do need something better my the Lt1 stockers.

I wanted to know if anyone has anything heard or have anything bad about to say about Pep boy drilled Street Heat rotors and Autozone Durlast Gold Pads. I know there are other products better than this and dont have the time to order them as I am driving down to his place this Saturday morning to do the install so I just want something decent/good for now. I am more interested if anyone had anything bad to say about the PEP BOY cross drilled Street Heat rotors. They dont seem to be bad and have a 3 year warranty on them so I figured what the heck. I dont want to start a slotted vs drilled debate here. I picked the drilled ones from Pep boys because my Local Autozone was out of the Duralast Rotors and because I thought they looked cool even if they do or dont do much for heat dissipation. Anyways have anyone experienced anything bad about the drilled Street Heat rotors from Pep Boys? Do they crack easy or anything I should be concerned about?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rotors sound good but I would not buy brake pads from auto zone. Get them elsewhere

Search this Thread