Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

replaced a brake line...need to bleed my brakes..

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default replaced a brake line...need to bleed my brakes..

i had to replace the brake line that im pointing in the pic...

can some one explain to me the right way to bleed my brakes... 2001 z , ive never done this before.

i was thinking of also taking it to a brake shop to have them do it.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

open bleeder screw on one caliper, have someone push on the brakes. Then close the bleeder screw and then have them let up on the brakes. keep doing this until no air is left in the line for that particular caliper and go on from there.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by purdueranger
open bleeder screw on one caliper, have someone push on the brakes. Then close the bleeder screw and then have them let up on the brakes. keep doing this until no air is left in the line for that particular caliper and go on from there.
X2 Easy job just takes a little time and getting a little dirty
Old 04-20-2008, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Start with the far-est wheel,(back passenger) and work your way to the closest.That would be back passenger,drivers rear,passengers front then drivers front.Have someone pump the brakes about 3 to 4 times,have them keep the pedal down,then you open the bleeder screw the pedal will go all the way down,do not let up on the pedal,keep it down until you close the bleeder screw.This keeps air from going back in.You do this to all the wheels.When a stream of brake fluid comes out and no air its done(you will hear the air).
You may have to do this about 2 or three times,to all the wheels.Do not let the Master Cylinder go dry.I do two wheels and fill the reservoir.Dot 3 is the brake fluid.Hope this helps.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FASTRAKTA
Start with the far-est wheel,(back passenger) and work your way to the closest.That would be back passenger,drivers rear,passengers front then drivers front.Have someone pump the brakes about 3 to 4 times,have them keep the pedal down,then you open the bleeder screw the pedal will go all the way down,do not let up on the pedal,keep it down until you close the bleeder screw.This keeps air from going back in.You do this to all the wheels.When a stream of brake fluid comes out and no air its done(you will hear the air).
You may have to do this about 2 or three times,to all the wheels.Do not let the Master Cylinder go dry.I do two wheels and fill the reservoir.Dot 3 is the brake fluid.Hope this helps.
This is how I have always heard and done it.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i always like to hook a rubber hose up to the bleeder and submerge it in brake fluid that way you know its not sucking any air back up. but u can do it any way

Quick Reply: replaced a brake line...need to bleed my brakes..