Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Must Have Suspension Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must Have Suspension Mods

I have a 02 Formula and I am looking to improve the handling. I already have purchased KYB AGX shocks. For $500 what are the must have suspension mods?
Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with strano springs and sway bars...but that will be around $800. Probably the best money I have spent on the car, besides my Corsa catback. But the sway bars can be done later.....so really, your best bet is going to be springs and an on-car adjustable panhard bar, which will center the rear end after you lower the car. Don't waste your money on strut tower bars and I wouldn't get too hung up on a torque arm just yet either, that will mostly help in straight line hard acceleration.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always grab a set of UMI poly/rod adjustable LCA's & on car poly/rod adjustable panhard bar. You want poly rod for a couple reasons.

1) the poly bushing connects to the body & will help dampen noise
2) the rod end connects to the rear & allow the rear to articulate over uneven surfaces opposed to a stiff poly bushing.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Torque arm, and now I would say K-member after seening UMI's after market one in person.

Start by getting rid of the K's you need Bilsteins or Koni's only IMO. Difference in price, but leaps and bounds in performance.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Get Sam Strano's springs. These are the springs our cars should have come from the factory with. Ride quality, height and responsiveness are perfect. Best money spent. Then save for the sway bars, if you can only do one then get the front. I don't know about the KYB shocks, so can't offer input there. The Koni's are nice, that's what I have.

Chris
Old 05-04-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with Strano springs and an adjustable panhard rod, I would also advise against the KYBs, I have them right now and they are just too stiff and the ride isnt good but im sure it would be better with the Strano springs than the Eibachs I have for now.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Strano Springs, Suspension Techniques 35mm front sway bar (heavy but I don't care, its cheap), and adjustable panhard rod. That should put you at or a little above $500.

Quick Reply: Must Have Suspension Mods