Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I need street/strip suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need street/strip suspension

Ok so, My trans am pulled a 1.649 60 foot, the run be4 that was a 1.74 so i know it was spinning a bit. I have hoosier cheater slicks/radials, and i had my front swaybar out. Recently (thursday) while messing around on the highway I changed lanes and cut between 2 cars, and i found a car infront of me hard on the breaks, needless to say i swerved into the slow lane, and started fishtailing for like 500 feet before finally going around and smashing up. My baby is total's because the frame bent, but i feel like the swaybar wouldhave helped me keep control, and i dont know if i wanto drive without it in a new car. SOO...... I want suspension so i dont have to take out the front sway bar to hook. What should I get suspension wize so i can hook?

about the car.... I have new mods and Ill probably be lookin at around 410 - 415 rwhp, with a ss3600 verter. I suspect ill probably be able to grab a 1.60 -1.61 60 foot with the car hooking the right way.

Im a bracket racer, so i dont mind if a suggested setup is a little overkill. I dont wanto turn the tire in the final round and loose the race if you know what i mean.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you don't have to take the bar completely out to get better front --> rear weight transfer....all you need to do is take out one (or both) endlink(s) while you're at the track, then before the drive home, just re-install them.

sure, leaving the bar on the car will cause there to be a bit more weight on the front of the car, but if you're going to be driving the car to/from the track, you'll either need to deal with it and leave it on, or just get used to completely removing/reinstalling the entire front bar while you're at the track.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you want to leave the front bar on you can just disconnect the end links before racing at the track. We have a complete line on high performance parts that will get your car to perform the way you want it to. There are so many different options that you can choose from.If you can please give me a call and we can discuss your options. Here are a couple of links to give you idea of what we offer. I know that you will have questions so please contact me and i will help you out. Thanks and i'll be looking forward to hearing from you.
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodyChassis.htm

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodyDrivetrain.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: I need street/strip suspension