Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering Springs/Shocks

Old 05-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Springs/Shocks

I did a search and really didn't find a straight answer. I'm getting tired of the 4X4 look my car has and I want to lower it. I was thinking about getting the eibach prokit and the slp bilstein package. I know Konis would be better but I can't afford that. I was just curious what you guys recommend? I want it lower but I don't want it bouncing off the bump stops every time I hit a bump and I don't want to compromise the handling too much. Also, I've heard that the prokit can really sag and end up being a two inch drop. If I'm going to lower it, I want it to be noticeable, but not too extreme. If this is the case, what other springs are there?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

If ride is your #1 concern, and you can afford shocks and springs, why not just invest in Konis and ride on stock springs. If you put the springs on the lower petch and remove the rear isolators you'll see about an inch drop. My car had a very nice stance on the lower perch and the ride and handling was amazing.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hpjunky98
If ride is your #1 concern, and you can afford shocks and springs, why not just invest in Konis and ride on stock springs. If you put the springs on the lower petch and remove the rear isolators you'll see about an inch drop. My car had a very nice stance on the lower perch and the ride and handling was amazing.
I didn't think about keeping the stock springs....I don't know but it is something to think about. I really just want a lower stance the cheapest and easiest way possible . That's why I was thinking the prokit but I heard they destroy stock shocks. Really, ride isn't super important, I just don't want it to be unbearable.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hpjunky98

^^^^^^^Or go Strano. Or other. You will regret eibach though
Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your that budget concious go with agx's and a spring that doesn't lower more than 1.5 inches like hotchkis or bmr.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

koni shocks and strano springs, save up a little longer and do it right
Old 05-28-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eilach are junk.Talk to strano about what your budget is and your goals.Koni's are the best.I did the perch and heater hose mod too.
.My friend has the strano springs and Koni's.The stuff is bad ***.
Give strano a call,he is happy to talk to you.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a prokit on my last trans am Thought it was ok but obviously I was wrong ...Strano is the way to go but it will cost $$$

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowering Springs/Shocks