Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lca Reloc. Brackets=no More Wheelhop

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lca Reloc. Brackets=no More Wheelhop

well i got done putting my UMI relocation brackets from strano on (pain in the *** on 02's bc of the e-brake bracket) and took the car for a spin. it completely eliminated my wheelhop and the car feels like it plants much better when you jump on the gas. the only negative thing is now the car lights the tires up much easier i have a bolt on m6 so i know the car isnt a powerhouse, but its probably the best thing ive done so far especially for the price! any of you guys who have wheel hop i DEFINITELY suggest getting these first!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Good to hear, just ordered some from BMR today cant wait to put them on and see the difference.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by defenestrate
well i got done putting my UMI relocation brackets from strano on (pain in the *** on 02's bc of the e-brake bracket) and took the car for a spin. it completely eliminated my wheelhop and the car feels like it plants much better when you jump on the gas. the only negative thing is now the car lights the tires up much easier i have a bolt on m6 so i know the car isnt a powerhouse, but its probably the best thing ive done so far especially for the price! any of you guys who have wheel hop i DEFINITELY suggest getting these first!
I hate to be the pessimist here, but doesnt the fact that the car no longer wheelhops, but now just smokes the tires mean that it is now getting less traction than before?

Wheelhop is the gain and loss of traction, now your just losing traction. Looks like you may want to focus on some more suspension upgrades to get it setup so it wont wheelhop or smoke the tires but instead, plant the power.

I guess that spinning the tires is better than demolishing a ring gear from wheelhop though. Just seems to me that you have some more work ahead of you. What else are you planning on doing with you setup?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Get some weld in subframe connectors. I on both my 99 and the 02 and it really helped with off the line traction.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTHuh
I hate to be the pessimist here, but doesnt the fact that the car no longer wheelhops, but now just smokes the tires mean that it is now getting less traction than before?

Wheelhop is the gain and loss of traction, now your just losing traction.
no, he is still getting more traction than before. wheelhop means the tires were bouncing on/off the ground. wheels off the ground = absolutely zero traction. spinning tires that stay on the ground have more friction against the ground than wheels that are up in the air.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your going to spin with street tires no matter what. It's good you now have no wheel hop.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly^^
Old 05-31-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SVTHuh

Wheelhop is the gain and loss of traction, now your just losing traction. Looks like you may want to focus on some more suspension upgrades to get it setup so it wont wheelhop or smoke the tires but instead, plant the power.

I guess that spinning the tires is better than demolishing a ring gear from wheelhop though. Just seems to me that you have some more work ahead of you. What else are you planning on doing with you setup?
i said the car now can light up the tires easier, and i also said that the car plants much better. doesnt mean i cant drive it or get it to hook-its a bolt on car not high hp. and like everyone else said, its on street tires.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

Gotcha... The way I read it is that it just spins instead of wheel

And for you other guys, wheel hop IS the gain and loss of traction... That is how it is defined.

Defenstrate: Glad it feels better for you now.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Which ones did you get weld in or bolt in?
Old 06-02-2008, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

I just finished putting mine in last week, along with lca's and boxed sfc's (all BMR), and a set of Falken Azenis. Made a HUGE difference. No more wheel hop AND it hooks. I can actually put it to the floor in first now without bouncing off the rev limiter. I'm lovin these tires.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Breathtaker
Which ones did you get weld in or bolt in?
...x2
Old 06-03-2008, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get the Weld in. They're cheaper and a lot more secure.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When installing the lca brackets do you have to also have the Adj. lower contorl arm too? I was look at buying those as well, but it grew to my attention that it might push or pull the whole rear end front or back from the way the brackets look.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If the brackets are installed correctly you should not have to adjust your lower control arms. You should be able to move it from the top holes to the lowest holes without changing anything.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

sorry for the delay, i got the bolt in, mainly bc i didnt want to take it to a shop. plus you can have bolt in ones welded for added security. i think RsSean was asking if he had to get the adjustable LCA's, not if they needed to be adjusted. i still have the stock ones. when you disconnect the LCA and the shock the rear can move, but i had the car up on jack stands and the jack under the rear so it didnt move. also you kind of have to play with the height of the rear when getting the LCA to line up to put the bolt in, so just using the jack to move it up/down is very easy.

Quick Reply: Lca Reloc. Brackets=no More Wheelhop