Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What setting on the yellow koni's? What position for front strut spring purch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What setting on the yellow koni's? What position for front strut spring purch?

I just got the koni sport springs set, and the Vogland lowering springs, and was wondering what position should I have the front spring purch on the strut? There is 2 options, one will mount the spring lower on the srut, so it will lower the car, but again, I am installing lowering springs. And what setting should I set the shocks/struts to? Its a daily driver, so is the middle good?
Any help would be great!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brian,

Since it's a DD, you probably want to set the spring perch to the upper location because if you set it on the lower position, you will have some rake to the car because those springs you bought were designed to work with a stock spring perch height.

Do you know the spring rate of the new springs? The rate will dictate how much rebound damping you need.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Right. Lower perch for stock springs only.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info! I don't know what the rate of the springs are, Like I said, they are the Vogland 1.2" lowering springs. I belive they are similar to the ones sold by Strano? I guess they both are made in Germany of the same light weight alloy.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Brianbanscak
Thanks for the info! I don't know what the rate of the springs are, Like I said, they are the Vogland 1.2" lowering springs. I belive they are similar to the ones sold by Strano? I guess they both are made in Germany of the same light weight alloy.
Sorry to inform you that the rates and heights are NOTHING a like. The fact Vogtland makes mine for me, and we use the same material is like saying that every GM car with an aluminum engine block is the same..... they aren't close to the same--at all.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion