Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

constant squeeking from rear of my car...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default constant squeeking from rear of my car...

Annoying squeeking sounds like my shocks? Everything is brand new on the car new swat bars and koni adjustables...noise comes from both side of the rear which is why I'd think it was my shocks or even my springs? I dunno but does anyone have this problem and how can I fix it?

Last edited by C Murda; 08-24-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

no suggestions?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok so just to close this thread i ended up removing my rear shocks and greasing every part that made contact with anything and no no more squeeks!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im having the same problem. I think its my shocks as well. I hear it from the front too. Its only on really hot days this happens to. Im about to just get new shocks and see if that'll help.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 83TA02
Im having the same problem. I think its my shocks as well. I hear it from the front too. Its only on really hot days this happens to. Im about to just get new shocks and see if that'll help.
if you are still on stock shocks its always a good investment for new ones. but if you cant go that way now and the squeeking bothers you im sure its prob just the same problem i had. id start first by removing the rears and just greasing everything that comes in contact with eachother and see if that fixes some of your problem...
Old 09-02-2008, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i had a bad squeak from the back of the veh over small choppy bumps. turned out to be a loose upper shock nut....the konis have the jam nuts which is a dumb way to do it, and they needed to be tightened a little more. no more noise. it was driving me nuts.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am experiencing this issue as well, however I have the OE equivalent replacement strut on my car (not stock but rather the ACDelco; don't knock me for this -not my fault previous owner must have gotten the struts replaced long before I bought the car). My GM mechanic (who has owned several F-body's says that the squeeking is normal for this strut because of the break-in period that it has. It is fully operational and functional all nuts/bolts are taunt.

Replacement ACDelco struts (2) $350*
Replacement OEM struts (2) $900*

Damn stealerships...

*Note: All prices are in CDN dollars and require overnight parts from Japan (ha ha ok not Japan but Woodstock and Montreal)