Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What is a good blank C5 rotor and what color for my C5 Calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is a good blank C5 rotor and what color for my C5 Calipers?

Hey I'm buying some C5 calipers and UMI F-body conversion brackets from a member here and need to buy some C5 rotors to go with these. What is a good C5 rotor to put on these? I just want good blanks...I did hear stoptech blanks were good but haven't found them yet. Also heard Brembo and Centric. I'm sure I'll go with HPS pads. Let me know what you think, I just don't want a rotor that is prone to warping quickly like the stock ones...

Also, what color do ya'll think I should have the Calipers powder coated since the seller will PC them whatever color I want? My TA is Arctic White.

Here's a link to what I'm buying:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...4#post10015444
Old 09-03-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're doing the conversion, i recommend either buying some brembo blanks or some kind of zinc coated rotors. I bought the crap autozone ones, which brake fine, but they rusted in the middle as soon as water touched them, now i need to paint them.

http://www.rotorsonline.com/ sells brembo blanks and some zinc coated rotors. I believe they are about 60 bucks a piece for brembo blanks, not bad at all.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

brembo blanks. color depends on what, if any, your accent colors are. do you have any emblems, decals, etc? if so, id get the same color as them. if not, just get black.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the info guys! I'll check out the site listed above.

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
brembo blanks. color depends on what, if any, your accent colors are. do you have any emblems, decals, etc? if so, id get the same color as them. if not, just get black.
The most popular color for calipers seems to be red but I don't have any accent colors so I was thinking about just black with the Corvette letters in white. But then someone pointed out that the brake lights are red including the one in the spoiler, the firebird on the back is red, and the markers are red as well so that has me thinking about red now... Anybody have some pics of a white car with red calipers?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chavez885
http://www.rotorsonline.com/ sells brembo blanks and some zinc coated rotors. I believe they are about 60 bucks a piece for brembo blanks, not bad at all.
I saw some there for 90 (marked down from 141 apparently) but it doesn't say if it is front or rear or both and I don't see the rears offered anywhere else either. Do you know? Tried to call but must be closed for the day...
Old 09-04-2008, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
Thanks for the info guys! I'll check out the site listed above.

The most popular color for calipers seems to be red but I don't have any accent colors so I was thinking about just black with the Corvette letters in white. But then someone pointed out that the brake lights are red including the one in the spoiler, the firebird on the back is red, and the markers are red as well so that has me thinking about red now... Anybody have some pics of a white car with red calipers?
Here's my turd, i say go with red man, black doesn't stand out on white cars imo...still haven't painted my rears lol..

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
I saw some there for 90 (marked down from 141 apparently) but it doesn't say if it is front or rear or both and I don't see the rears offered anywhere else either. Do you know? Tried to call but must be closed for the day...
I click on, chevrolet/corvette brake discs, 2nd page...in screenshot below yellow = rear, red = front
Old 09-04-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chavez885
Here's my turd, i say go with red man, black doesn't stand out on white cars imo...still haven't painted my rears lol..

I click on, chevrolet/corvette brake discs, 2nd page...in screenshot below yellow = rear, red = front

Thanks a lot dude, I see them now! I might just go with red.... Nice dyno graph by the way
Old 09-04-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Going with red for the calipers and matte black for the brackets. Ordering the Brembo blanks as well...I'll post up pics when I get them installed
Old 09-05-2008, 01:50 AM
TECH Addict

sweet...