Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilstein's... in stock: $369.50/set

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Bilstein's... in stock: $369.50/set

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7

Shipping costs range from $15-30 depending on location.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about your springs with these shocks or what other lowering springs could i use with them. Currently have qa1 shocks/springs with stock rear springs and they are coming out(just too crappy for the street) was looking into koni and your springs but not sure if reaching into my pocket that deep will justify my needs..
Old 09-23-2008, 03:24 AM
Teching In

Would these make for a pretty good daily driver shock
with the Strano Specific Setup?

What exactly did you do differently to the shocks in the rear?

thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7

This set of shocks is not what you will find elsewhere. These are not Revalves and are best suited to stock springs.
So not good for lowered?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Let's hold on a second here. These shocks are a set of HD's, best used with stock springs. They are not Revalves, they are not meant to rock lowering springs. I feel there is a better valved rear shock than what they normally sell. So that's what I use.

Can you use these with lowering springs? Yes. Would it be ideal? No, the shocks are not intended for that use and that does not change if the springs are mine, BMR, Eibach, Hotchkis, H&R or anyone else's.

You get what you pay for guys. Shocks are spring dampers, and most shocks are not build to deal with anything buy OE spring rates. They all do it differently and some better than others, and that means they tend to deal with more rate better as well. But doesn't mean you have all the damping you might want all the time.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
So not good for lowered?
Intercooler2.....

I fear you don't really understand what is going on with shocks vs. springs. You need to learn if you want to make the best choice you can. "Shocks" are spring dampers. Up the spring rate and lessen the amount of travel the shocks have available to damp that higher rate (by lowering the car) and you need a damper that has more rebound control than what is required by taller, softer stock springs.

The quickest way to kill ride is with poorly matched shocks and springs. Your springs are significanly stiffer than stock, as well as shorter. If your stock shocks are complete junk, then you can put anything half-assed on and the car will improve (hard to get worse than junk). But it's all relative.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Let's hold on a second here. These shocks are a set of HD's, best used with stock springs. They are not Revalves, they are not meant to rock lowering springs. I feel there is a better valved rear shock than what they normally sell. So that's what I use.

Can you use these with lowering springs? Yes. Would it be ideal? No, the shocks are not intended for that use and that does not change if the springs are mine, BMR, Eibach, Hotchkis, H&R or anyone else's.

You get what you pay for guys. Shocks are spring dampers, and most shocks are not build to deal with anything buy OE spring rates. They all do it differently and some better than others, and that means they tend to deal with more rate better as well. But doesn't mean you have all the damping you might want all the time.
So can u revalve these???
Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Not any longer. They can be revalved, but it's not something we do any longer.

In the end when the costs of revalving 4 shocks was added to the loss of the lifetime warranty it wasn't making a lot of financial sense any longer.

Koni's don't need revalved (no time waiting), are adjustable (Bilstein's aren't), and carry their warranty (revalved shocks do not have a warranty).