TEXAS LONGHORN FOOTBALL FANS & ALUMNI v. muschamp

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH
Uh, I believe in was a UT fan that started the trash talk:
I can't control what other people type.

BUT THE SUBJECT AT HAND IS about Muschamp and him solidifying a spot @ UT.

YET, you have two things, not to click OR stick to subject at hand and just go from there.

doesn't mean you always have to crack back...
Old 11-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
but wouldn't that make you a better person to ignore and just congratulate?

RIGHT..?
Wouldn't it make you a better person to just ignore Sooner fan responses? Why can't you follow your own advice?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:01 PM

He still is touted as one of the best DC's in the land... already making a drastic turn around on our d
Yeah, he's touted...just like every other coordinator of a top 5/top 10 team. That's how college football works.

Then again, touts are one thing and results on the field are another. He has the 58th ranked defense, 2nd best (to OU) in the division and has an outside shot at winning his first Big12 title. He has credentials, no argument here.

If touts were all that mattered, Mack would have 5-6 national championships based on who was touted as best in the land before they performed.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

I can't control what other people type.

BUT THE SUBJECT AT HAND IS about Muschamp and him solidifying a spot @ UT.

YET, you have two things, not to click OR stick to subject at hand and just go from there.

doesn't mean you always have to crack back...
As far as I can tell I can type anything I damn well please as long as I am following the forum rules. This is a public forum where anyone who is registered can reply to any thread that they want. Again, you can follow your own advise and simply not reply.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned

Oh, and congrats on the deal if that makes y'all feel better...
Old 11-19-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, and congrats on the deal if that makes y'all feel better...
and congrats to UT for having the most winning program in the country for the past 10 years.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sooner Todd
Yeah, he's touted...just like every other coordinator of a top 5/top 10 team. That's how college football works.

Then again, touts are one thing and results on the field are another. He has the 58th ranked defense, 2nd best (to OU) in the division and has an outside shot at winning his first Big12 title. He has credentials, no argument here.

If touts were all that mattered, Mack would have 5-6 national championships based on who was touted as best in the land before they performed.
So instead OU decided to finish the year at the top and walk away with nothing year after year.

Yall won a NC 8 years ago, get over it
Old 11-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
and congrats to UT for having the most winning program in the country for the past 10 years.
This coming from an SEC fan website:

http://www.secsportsfan.com/oklahoma...odern-era.html
Old 11-19-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are sippin the muschamp koolaid if you think that little team from Norman won't continue to be a problem for UT for years to come. It has been that way for many decades and I doubt anything will change.
you've been living under a rock obviously.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

This coming from an SEC fan website:

http://www.secsportsfan.com/oklahoma...odern-era.html
obvious satire.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

obvious satire.
Typical UT fan response. Check the history (if you have the time). No other team has won more national titles since WWII than OU, and no other team has a higher win %, has been #1 in the AP polls more, than OU since WWII. Of course it doesn't register, you simply chose to ignore the facts. You've proven time and time again you know very little about this rivalry.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:53 PM

So instead OU decided to finish the year at the top and walk away with nothing year after year.

Yall won a NC 8 years ago, get over it
To answer your question, yes, I'd rather see OU win conference championship after conference championship after conference championship after conference championship over UT than for them to win one (1) of them every decade and a half or so. I'd rather lose a BCS bowl than in October, November & December every year.

Just a preference I guess...lose to a juggernaut USC team or get your season ruined in Oct-Dec by Nebraska, Kansas, Tech, A&M, OU or Colorado?

If OUs performance in BCS bowl games makes you feel better about only going to one (1) BCS bowl and having one (1) conference title in this era, then I guess I have no choice but to accept your small moral victory.

VY won you guys one conference title 3 years ago...what's the expiration date on that one (1) conference title?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned

you've been living under a rock obviously.
I have been watching OU/Texas play since the mid 70's. You stated that you started watching college football in 2003 (wow, what a surprise, just when UT was starting to win games....can anyone spell b.a.n.d.w.a.g.o.n fan?)
Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM

UT has the most wins, but only one conference title, interesting.

Now why is it you guys mock Stoops as "Big Game Bob"...seems Mack had to have lost almost all the big ones, what with his meager title production over the last 10 years.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sooner Todd
To answer your question, yes, I'd rather see OU win conference championship after conference championship after conference championship after conference championship over UT than for them to win one (1) of them every decade and a half or so. I'd rather lose a BCS bowl than in October, November & December every year.

Just a preference I guess...lose to a juggernaut USC team or get your season ruined in Oct-Dec by Nebraska, Kansas, Tech, A&M, OU or Colorado?

If OUs performance in BCS bowl games makes you feel better about only going to one (1) BCS bowl and having one (1) conference title in this era, then I guess I have no choice but to accept your small moral victory.

VY won you guys one conference title 3 years ago...what's the expiration date on that one (1) conference title?

Yall lost to us 3 of the last 4 years and we have a more recent Championship

Texas football has looked better than OU football for awhile now. The sooner you get used to that, the happier you'll be.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been watching OU/Texas play since the mid 70's. You stated that you started watching college football in 2003 (wow, what a surprise, just when UT was starting to win games....can anyone spell b.a.n.d.w.a.g.o.n fan?)
can you spell "college"?

oh wait, you didn't even go

obviously all you OU fans are bitter for a reason, been living off the past for too long now. UT > OU, it's obvious now.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Banned

Yall lost to us 3 of the last 4 years and we have a more recent Championship
Wrong, OU has won 6 of the last 9 games and 6 total championships (5 conference and one NC). I can play that game too!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Texas Director

Another football thread bites the dust. So much for a civil thread regarding the hiring of Will Muschamp. Sooner trolls, if you want to spew all of your garbage about OU start your own thread, use email, or PM each other, but have enough respect and class that if you must post in a thread that has nothing to do with you to either pass on something positive or just lurk and not post in it.

Thanks, and Hook'em!