"Will work for Food"

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 01:36 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simply put they don't want either work or food. They want cash to buy drugs.

However, as has already been pointed out, there are some "career panhandlers", who may have a nice house and a car, etc. It's bad here is Austin because Austin is so freakin' liberal and an affluent city. Extreme liberals are endoctrinated to feel guilty about their own success. They also tend to be easily duped and swayed into "doing something to help" without thinking it through, so they tend to give money to these folks. Therefore on every major intersection in Austin we have at least one person panhandling.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy approached me in College Station at night when I was with my g/f in a parking lot and would not leave me alone. This made me feel real uneasy so we hurried inside. We went inside and saw him approach some other people and then about ten minutes later saw hime drive off in a brand new cadillac on 22's. I feel sorry for a select few "hobos" like if they lost their legs etc..
Old 12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

I have an aunt Jackie) who just so happens to be gay and perfectly healthy. She is about 50ish or so. She has a lesbian girlfriend (Kathy) who used to not be gay and has children. Kathy has a son who is probably around 10 and he has some form of down syndrome. Instead of getting jobs they would go and stand on the corner and beg for money with there signs. Although they were actually making good money, they decided they needed more so they would take this little boy and put him out there too. He didnt know any better and would simply say that he was going to work. This went on for some time untill they were in huffman at the travel trailer park on the water, (where they were staying at the time), and in the middle of the nite they let him go outside on his own. Well being around 10 years old and mentaly slow you can be sure he couldn't swim and he drowned in the lake. Im sure some of you saw this on the news. Its been a couple of years now I think. I went to this funeral and was a pallbearer, so Im sure that the school district paid for most everything. Did that stop my aunt and her girlfriend.. nope.. they just looked at it like a pay day. After that they just begged for money because their son needed to be burried. I saw it first hand in proter and Atascocita. This went on for months after he was already put in the ground. So I can honestly say you wont see me giving **** to the homeless anymore.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the ones that say "Why lie, I need a beer", but still no one gets my money.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:07 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
The one I really never got was when the dragworms at UT used to ask students for money. Are you kidding? You're asking a broke-*** college student for money?

-Mike
No ****. There is a guy on 6th right before you pass the Driskill that was there EVERY year that I went to college. The last time we passed him he was smoking (pack in hand) and asked us for money.

I also used to run into the same guy once or twice a month outside of my apt on the way to the bus stop in Hyde Park. His hospital story almost had me the first time, but the following 3 times weeks later had me laughing.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

when my uncle first arrived her from the motherland, he gave some bum 10 dollars so that he could buy somthing to eat at a gas station...when my uncle went in to pay for gas he saw the bum in line to buy beer and my uncle took his money back..LOL
Old 12-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Launching!

saw i guy selling papers, i didnt want the paper and gave him a buck. thats the closest thing ive ever given to a homeless(i dont think you have to homeless to sell papers on the street though
Old 12-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Launching!

They take .75 and put it in one of those newspaper machines where your only SUPPOSED to grab one. They grab the whole thing, go down the road and sell them like you just said.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Grimlock
They take .75 and put it in one of those newspaper machines where your only SUPPOSED to grab one. They grab the whole thing, go down the road and sell them like you just said.
I would be more than willing to buy a newspaper from a homeless.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by playtoy
I saw a guy with the same sign on I-10 and 146 so I gave him some cash.

lmfao It was on I-10 but dont remember the exit lmfao ahahha crazy **** lol
there is this one guy by my old blockbuster where I work at , me and my older brother called him "The Bidder" .. The reason of this is cause he would always go up to people and ask for some change , but this foo talks like super fast , like if u were at a car auction and u hear them people talking on the mikes . Well this guy was the same be like , you have .50cents , .75, or a dollar ... Then One day he was coming up too us again , and my brother was like watch this . Before he even ask us my brother went up to him and asked him " you have .50 cents, .75cents or a dollar in the same speed as him lmfao .. I tought that was the funniest **** ever lol !!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Old guy that we called Crutchy in Oak Hill used to buy us beer long time ago. He had the best signs "Why lie need whisky" and the best was "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker". I kinda miss the old guy been years since seen him last.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Back in the early 90s the newspaper busted an Asian couple that worked the corner of Hwy 59 and Westpark every afternoon. She was always dressed as a nurse, him in a white coat. They were collecting for "charity". There was no charity. I saw them all the time as I drove through there though, they were there for a long time.

I attend a large church here in Waco. They have people call the church all the time asking for money. The church has a strict policy about this - you can come to the church, you work all day, you get paid. I believe the church will even give you a ride to work.

I think they have had only 1 or 2 people - ever - take them up on this. The church has large grounds and a large building, so there is PLENTY to do, always. Too many people looking for the easy handout and not willing to work for their pay.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Teching In

LOL...i saw guy holding a board that said "only 1 dollar away from a happy meal!". and another that said " i need money for Beer research"...theses ***** will do anything for money
Old 12-12-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i always give them 2 cigarettes, or a beer if i have one, but never money, unless i'm at 249 and 45, then if i dont have beer or cigs i give them some change, but no paper. ive never had a guy complain.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I gave a guy money in Denver that had a sign "Will kidnap mother-in-law for beer". I told him I'd give him a five if I could take his picture. I'll have to get the pic off my other computer

William
Old 12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when i was in hawaii i ran into a homless guy with a sign that said "help support alcohol research". i gave him a dollar for that one.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

I'm surprised no one has brought up the gas station swindlers. They pull in to the gas station and give you some bull **** story about needing just a few bucks for gas and they're on E. I offered to let a lady pull up to my pump when I was done and let me put $5 in gas in her car for her and she said no. Self service and all and she still didn't want any.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure If anyones been by the beltway and Telephone Rd in Pearland at night........I had this one homeless guy tell me sweet ride man......but be careful theres cops over there waitin.......I ALMOST felt inclined to give him a dollar........Then I got on it under the bridge lol and whoalahhhh no cops.....Then not too long ago my friend was in his car next to me (closest to the curb) and pulled the same **** and he GAVE him a dollar.........later he was like that bum was cool and warned me about the cops around the corner and I gave him a dollar...I laughed at him and said "you know they do that **** get money right" he was like BS......then I told him they've tried it twice on me before.....Funny **** but a good attempt none the less.....
Old 12-15-2008, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

I saw one in Bowling Green that said " will work for food" Guy had a cell phone and was typing on a labtop with a card in the side, and had some well groomed looking dog on a leash with him. wtf
Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 AM
9 Second Club

Idk if she was homeless... But I was filling up at the Chevron right off of Edgebrook right before work, and a black lady came up to me. She just started talking to me, asking where I was going dressed all nice. I told her work, and just kept filling up. Well, after about a minute of this, she asked for a few bucks for cigarettes, I felt bad, so I went in and bought her the brand she wanted. When I came back out and gave her the cigarettes, she said, "Suck your **** for $50. I need money." I was like, "Umm, I'm ok." And drove off. Haha. Needless to say I had a story for the rest of the day.