Texans send Rosenfels to Minnesota, release a list of players

Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Texans send Rosenfels to Minnesota, release a list of players

On Friday, it will be announced that we're sending Rosenfels to Minnesota for a 4th round draft pick. This deal almost happened at the end of last season, but Houston wanted a 2nd round pick and Minnesota would only give a 3rd round pick.

The Texans also have released Ahman Green, Morlon Greenwood, Will Demps, Anthony Weaver, and Ephraim Salaam, which will clear a ton of cap room for us.

Dunta Robinson was designated our franchise player and will make $10M this season but is really unhappy he wasn't signed to a long-term deal. He said that if training camp started tomorrow he wouldn't be there.

DeMeco Ryans is also unhappy with his contract. Hopefully they sign him to a long-term deal before the season starts. Ryans is the model player and person and we need to keep him happy.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Losing Rosenfels is a good plan, IMO. I know there are still lots of people who ignore the fact that he turned the ball over too much, but he's little more than a good backup, IMO. If we can get someone that will play every down with that 4th round pick, it's a good move.

The releases...meh. Glad to see Green go. 4 years for him turned out to be a mistake.

Dunta needs to understand three words: RECONSTRUCTIVE KNEE SURGERY. He can't expect the Texans to lock him up with a big 4-5 year deal after coming off MAJOR KNEE SURGERY. I won't be surprised to see him bolt after this year, even if the Texans step up and offer him big money. If he has a great season and decides to leave because he wants more money, that will be a shame. However, if it turns out that he never truly returns to his form prior to the knee injury, the Texans will have actually made the right decision.

I think the draft will determine Ryans' future. If they get a playmaking LB (like a Laurinitis), it could hurt his contract. I think the Texans need to lock him up in a good contract, though. He's a proven commodity, unlike a rookie draft pick.

-Mike
Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Trading Rosenfels was definately the right thing to do. If we wait another year and his contract expires he'll leave and we won't get anything in return for him. This way we get another draft pick, and we've found some good players in the 4th round like Owen Daniels.

I agree with you about Dunta's contract. He did play well when he came back even though he was probably only at about 90% health.

I disagree with you about Ryans though. He's set at the Mike and we're not gonna look to replace him. Pay the man his money. His rookie year he won Defensive Rookie Of The Year, his second year he went to the Pro Bowl, and this year he lead us in tackles even though he was playing with a high ankle sprain, which is a real bitch of an injury. And he never ever comes off the field. He's also the model locker room guy. We need another OLB in case Adibi and Diles can't stay healthy.

We also need to find somebody who can play DE opposite of Mario. I'd be real suprised if our first three draft picks weren't DE, OLB, and a DB. Not necessarily in that order, but those three positions.

Last edited by Ben R; 02-26-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Also, we signed safety Eugene Wilson to a 3 year deal. And we've tendered O.D. the maximum as a restricted free agent.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

For all my Houston Sports Teams info, I go to www.BenDozzer.com
Keep giving us the news like we will sign Haynesworth or Lewis...
Old 02-27-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sage trade is a good one.

Dunta needs to "get happy" and shut up. Show you are at 100% this season and I bet you get a nice pay-day.

We need to keep DeMeco happy.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Ill never forget this play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_hi7gOjE0
(rosenfelscopter)
Old 02-27-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigSteele
Ill never forget this play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_hi7gOjE0
(rosenfelscopter)

I like this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAKAKE-uq-8
Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -Ross-
HAhaahah. That's hilarious. I love Predator. Nice spoof.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Junkie

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6286086.html

The Texans sign DE Antonio Smith from the Cardinals to a 5-year, 35 Million dollar deal. And the Broncos have offered WR David Anderson a contract, but as a restricted free-agent Houston has 5 days to match.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Today the Texans signed back-up QB Dan Orlovsky from the Lions. Safeties dumdumdum.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsteele
ill never forget this play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_hi7goje0
(rosenfelscopter)

roflcopter!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Mustang Moderator

Nice to see the Texans be active in the free agent market! The signing of Smith should help out the d-line put more pressure on the QB!

The draft should be interesting now!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Now we don't have to draft one of the three DE/OLB tweeners like Orakpo, Maybin, or Brown, even though ultimately I think Orakpo and Brown end up as pure pass rushers.

It's hard to know who we get in what order but I can't imagine we don't end up drafting an OLB, DE, DT, S, TE, and RB.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Draft a good left tackle or OLB to put on Smith's side...or a safety.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Now, the Texans are looking at bringing in Cedric Benson to back up Slaton.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6288717.html
Old 03-01-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I think they're hoping Amobi Okoye improves with the new D-Line coach and with our new D-Line philosophy. Bush wants our lineman to shoot the gaps and get up the field fast, intead of grabbing, reading, and reacting like they used to. Coming out of college Okoye was the top rated DT for that kind of technique. So hopefully they get some production out of him.

I think on obvious passing downs they're gonna move Smith inside and put another pass rusher on the outside so that we've got 3 pass rushers.

It sucks Okam doesn't seem too interested in playing ball. He's a huge guy and extremely athletic. He could be a real terror but from what I've read he just wants to go to law school. I'll bet he doesn't even make the team this year.

And keep Benson off the team. We don't need a guy with those types of off the field problems.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ben R

And keep Benson off the team. We don't need a guy with those types of off the field problems.
Benson would be an awesome back up for Steve, he's worthy to start on most teams out there. His off the field problems were put to rest.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
Benson would be an awesome back up for Steve, he's worthy to start on most teams out there. His off the field problems were put to rest.
Take off the burnt-orange blinders and look at the facts.

This guy was drafted like 4th overall, held out of training camp cause he didn't like his contract offers, accused teammates of intentionally trying to hurt him in practice, challenged Lovie Smith's coaching decisions in the media, and only became a starter when the guy ahead of him signed with the Jets as a free-agent a few seasons after he was drafted.

And let's not forget about being arrested TWICE in a 5-week span for failing field sobriety tests during a boating incident and a car incident. And the cops had to pepper spray him for being disorderly.

This guy is a loser. There are way better options out there.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
Bullshit, this guy is another T.O., hopefully they don't sign this dumbass.

Search this Thread