LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Texas Members (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members-54/)
-   -   Paging Wizeass (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/1155900-paging-wizeass.html)

TINKRD 07-30-2009 10:59 AM

Paging Wizeass

What’s up with your car? last I read, you fixed your fuel pump issues. Car is pilled up now. When are we gonna see some 5’s out of that heap? You’ve got a nice sig now, so lets see some ET’s to back it up.

:beer:

NaSSty Nate 07-30-2009 11:03 AM

He's got all new parts that were spraypainted black and ready to go right?

Vcious04 07-30-2009 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by TINKRD (Post 11991160)
What’s up with your car? last I read, you fixed your fuel pump issues. Car is pilled up now. When are we gonna see some 5’s out of that heap? You’ve got a nice sig now, so lets see some ET’s to back it up.

+1, :cheers:

WizeAss 07-30-2009 06:07 PM

Jerm,

I will take you up on that..... my 636rw setup vs your turbo car..... $200.00 lock it in!

(lol) :):angel: remember the old shit talkin thread with your terminator and my slow ass piece of shit :angel::cheers::engarde::corn::offtopic::)

WizeAss 07-30-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by TINKRD (Post 11991160)

took that bitch to the Arm Drop Live last week at Kennedale. Talk to the guys from Rich's show... they were pretty cool. They let me in late, I got there after 7:30 and time trails started at 2:00 or so. I was the last car and instead of 3 passes I got 1 straight off the street. No cool down as much as I would have liked. Ran a 7.27 @ 94mph on motor (the shop tried to get there in time {trailored the shop car from Lewisville} but was turned away at the gate. I got there just in time before the end of qualifying and told em I would pay my 55 bucks just to make some passes during the event. They let me in. Needless to say I finished 3rd in the 7 second NA class out of 16 cars hotlapped from driving the car 50-60 miles. I was one of the only cars likely driven to the track in the class.....

Strackcar what what! :sack:

Thanks to the boys at Real Performance Motorsports for putting together a hell of a car....

:cheers:

Vcious04 07-30-2009 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by WizeAss (Post 11993530)
Jerm,

I will take you up on that..... my 636rw setup vs your turbo car..... $200.00 lock it in!

(lol) :):angel: remember the old shit talkin thread with your terminator and my slow ass piece of shit :angel::cheers::engarde::corn::offtopic::)

Deal! Of course from a roll. I hope my crap holds together with 20psi, probably what it's going to take. :engarde:

Man, my old pos terminator was pretty fun, but it was wierd, you would think back then making 490rwhp you could be damn near beat anything on the street. I always had problems with heads/cam ls1's staying door to door with me. That would always irratate me.

I still remember the time JP sprayed his t/a next to me, that had to have been the fastest car I have ever seen roll out. It was like I put my crap in reverse and nailed the throttle.

JP, when you plan on having it done? Who's doing the work?

daniel6718 07-31-2009 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by WizeAss (Post 11993663)
took that bitch to the Arm Drop Live last week at Kennedale. Talk to the guys from Rich's show... they were pretty cool. They let me in late, I got there after 7:30 and time trails started at 2:00 or so. I was the last car and instead of 3 passes I got 1 straight off the street. No cool down as much as I would have liked. Ran a 7.27 @ 94mph on motor (the shop tried to get there in time {trailored the shop car from Lewisville} but was turned away at the gate. I got there just in time before the end of qualifying and told em I would pay my 55 bucks just to make some passes during the event. They let me in. Needless to say I finished 3rd in the 7 second NA class out of 16 cars hotlapped from driving the car 50-60 miles. I was one of the only cars likely driven to the track in the class.....

Strackcar what what! :sack:

Thanks to the boys at Real Performance Motorsports for putting together a hell of a car....

:cheers:

i drive my shit to the track every time and go faster with overdrive

TINKRD 07-31-2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Vcious04 (Post 11994449)
Deal! Of course from a roll. I hope my crap holds together with 20psi, probably what it's going to take. :engarde:

Man, my old pos terminator was pretty fun, but it was wierd, you would think back then making 490rwhp you could be damn near beat anything on the street. I always had problems with heads/cam ls1's staying door to door with me. That would always irratate me.

I still remember the time JP sprayed his t/a next to me, that had to have been the fastest car I have ever seen roll out. It was like I put my crap in reverse and nailed the throttle.

JP, when you plan on having it done? Who's doing the work?

Lol. that video is still around. I think its on streetfire or something. I used to have it book marked.

Me you and mellow went 3 wide. We were going around a slight curve so I went wide right incase I lost traction on the shifts. When I leave the camera view I’m a car out and then when I get back into the camera view I’m 8 cars out. lmao.

Ya’ll Arlington folks are crazy! We went 3-4 wide in 2 waves. :eek:

The turbo will be getting finished this winter. Should be out this spring  I’ll be running on stock heads like you for a little bit.

WizeAss 07-31-2009 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by TINKRD (Post 11996448)
Lol. that video is still around. I think its on streetfire or something. I used to have it book marked.

Me you and mellow went 3 wide. We were going around a slight curve so I went wide right incase I lost traction on the shifts. When I leave the camera view I’m a car out and then when I get back into the camera view I’m 8 cars out. lmao.

Ya’ll Arlington folks are crazy! We went 3-4 wide in 2 waves. :eek:

The turbo will be getting finished this winter. Should be out this spring  I’ll be running on stock heads like you for a little bit.

Heads are only needed if you are lifting them. Stock heads work fine on boost and nitrous.:gruffy:

TINKRD 07-31-2009 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by WizeAss (Post 11996475)
Heads are only needed if you are lifting them. Stock heads work fine on boost and nitrous.:gruffy:

Idiot…

i should be able to drag you on stock heads, so dont worry ;)

Vcious04 07-31-2009 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by WizeAss (Post 11996475)
Heads are only needed if you are lifting them.

? I hope you are joking.

WizeAss 07-31-2009 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by TINKRD (Post 11996554)
Idiot…

i should be able to drag you on stock heads, so dont worry ;)

heads dont mean as much with FI or nitrous as they do natural aspiration since you are forcing air. Add more bottle or more juice folks.

My heads are ported GM castings. Honestly the intake port has very little work on it.

xfactor_pitbulls 07-31-2009 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by WizeAss (Post 11996769)
heads dont mean as much with FI or nitrous as they do natural aspiration since you are forcing air. Add more bottle or more juice folks.

My heads are ported GM castings. Honestly the intake port has very little work on it.

Yeah you are right, trying to cram twice the air in a little intake runner and out a little exhaust port is no big deal. I dont know why anyone would run a turbo car with anything but stock castings.............:gruffy:

Vcious04 07-31-2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls (Post 11996928)
Yeah you are right, trying to cram twice the air in a little intake runner and out a little exhaust port is no big deal. I dont know why anyone would run a turbo car with anything but stock castings.............:gruffy:

LMFAO! - Mikey is actually a decent feller, but he is better off with yes or no answers.

turbo'd stang 07-31-2009 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by WizeAss (Post 11996769)

In Christmas Vacation, the family is gathered around the table, eating turkey. Clark comments that they saw Santa. Eddie looks up from his plate and says "You serious Clark?"

You serious Stewie?

WizeAss 07-31-2009 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls (Post 11996928)

you guys are splitting hairs.

stock heads is an excuse.

WizeAss 07-31-2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang (Post 11997053)
In Christmas Vacation, the family is gathered around the table, eating turkey. Clark comments that they saw Santa. Eddie looks up from his plate and says "You serious Clark?"

You serious Stewie?

common sense.....

if you are Forcing or adding a compressed air into an engine the argument on whether the cylinder head is efficient is of less importance. Not saying it doesnt make a difference, just that heads will make a much greater difference on an NA motor and heads being ported wont be as big an issue on a boosted or juiced engine.
:lurk:

My point was... why use stock heads as an excuse? Yall sound like me! :gay:

TINKRD 07-31-2009 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by WizeAss (Post 11997152)
common sense.....

if you are Forcing or adding a compressed air into an engine the argument on whether the cylinder head is efficient is of less importance. Not saying it doesnt make a difference, just that heads will make a much greater difference on an NA motor and heads being ported wont be as big an issue on a boosted or juiced engine.
:lurk:

My point was... why use stock heads as an excuse? Yall sound like me! :gay:

Show me anyone w/ an LSx motor making over 900RW on stock casting, unported heads.

You’re an idiot Mikey if you can’t grasp that concept.

The Postman 07-31-2009 12:07 PM

what concept is he not grasping?

if a head has to move air on its own it needs to be as efficient as possible...everyone knows that...on a N/A motor the better the heads the more power you can make.

if it has a hairdryer ramming it down its throat it doesn't matter how big the ports are the air is going in it....end of discussion...all you have to do to get more power out of a turbo car is turn the boost up....you can have the shittiest heads ever on a turbo car and still make as much power as a N/A car with good heads...

and like Mike said, better heads on either setup will make a difference...but he's saying a N/A motor with shit heads will lose more than a turbo car with those same heads...make sense??

The turbo makes up for the heads being inefficient.

Black2001z06 07-31-2009 12:09 PM

* yawns *
:huh: