so, i f***ed up

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default so, i f***ed up

well long story short i got a DWI last night. i know, i know, and i knew better but i'm trying to move forward with it and not think too much about the could have and should have's.

does anyone know of a good attorney that will take up a DWI case in dallas county?

thanks
robbie
Old 10-03-2009, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

bummer.. you wreck or just get pulled over? did they let you out or did you have to get bailed? good luck in court, just dont be a dumbass and take the rehab and whatever, its better then jailtime. dont listen to the douches who talk about drunk drivers being the scum of the earth and blah blah blah. theres a difference between being a dirtbag habitual drunk who drives trashed all the time and normal guys who really arent even impaired and get a bad break.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tribaltalon
bummer.. you wreck or just get pulled over? did they let you out or did you have to get bailed? good luck in court, just dont be a dumbass and take the rehab and whatever, its better then jailtime. dont listen to the douches who talk about drunk drivers being the scum of the earth and blah blah blah. theres a difference between being a dirtbag habitual drunk who drives trashed all the time and normal guys who really arent even impaired and get a bad break.
werd. good people make mistakes, theyre still good people
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tribaltalon
Those peops make me laugh! Rather then blame the person that killed there loved one they want to blame a large group of people// And **** whoever comes back to me talkin **** about how I wouldnt understand and that I never walked in the shoes of someone that has been a victim, cause you dont know me!!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
werd. good people make mistakes, theyre still good people
I like to think of myself as a "good guy". Now say I get drunk, get behind the wheel and accidently drive my car into an SUV with a mom and her 2 kids. Kids die.

Am I still a good guy, even though what I did was a mistake?

To the OP- Get a lawyer and cross your fingers.
You "knew better" yet... you got behind the wheel anyway?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
say I get drunk, get behind the wheel and accidently drive my car into an SUV with a mom and her 2 kids. Kids die.
Am I still a good guy, even though what I did was a mistake?

What if that same guy 6 hrs earlier just got done saving you, your wife and your children from a burning house! Is he still a bad guy? People make bad choices! Thats all part of being human... Now for those that are serial drunk drivers and the law cant seem to keep them out of a car then they should burn in hell!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You made a bad choice, you are lucky as hell that you didnt hurt anyone in the process. Now this will hopefully be a lesson in what you do in the future because you have one and alot of people that did the same thing werent as lucky. Good luck with everything.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
What if that same guy 6 hrs earlier just got done saving you, your wife and your children from a burning house! Is he still a bad guy? People make bad choices! Thats all part of being human... Now for those that are serial drunk drivers and the law cant seem to keep them out of a car then they should burn in hell!
yep.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, all i can say is good luck. I have seen some real shafting behind DWI. It is why i dont do it and i dont want to lose my job as a correctional officer.

Hope i dont see you around OP.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just take this as a learning experience. This DOES NOT make you a bad person, you fucked up and got caught. 99.9% of the people that point at you and call you a piece of ****, have and will commit the same crime, but are yet to get caught. Get a good lawyer, and keep your head on straight and stay out of trouble..this was an expensive mistake and could have been worse, learn from it bro.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Knowing better and doing are 2 completly different things.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Your first one doesn't make you a bad person, just means you made a bad mistake. I have to drive for work, so I don't drink if I have to drive.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

I will ask my brother who he is using. So far the lawyer might have my brothers dropped all together.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

I hope everything works out for you! Its a hard road.. My Ex-wife got 1 before we divorced and we got screwed! She opted for community serv and classes rather then having to pay but it turned out that it would have been cheaper and better off if she would have just paid it.... Shes a piece of ****! She even got a few other DWI's and hit a tree!
Old 10-04-2009, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

OP - Sorry to hear about what happen, but the reality is we all have to accept responsibilities for our actions. My best friend used a guy name Hunter Biederman out of Frisco for his DWI in Plano. I will advise it cost him around $5K-$6K after it was said and done. But I had co-worker a few years back spend $10K to get his dismissed. I learn my lesson about drinking and driving from my best friend, cost him not being able to be a police officer pretty much anywhere in TX. He now works as a officer in VA, but wish he could be here hands down. Just as you he is a good guy, but the choice he made came with a snowball effect for something he loves. For him the outcome better then another friend who was killed on his bike by a drunk driver who pulled out in front of him. The driver was underage, drunk, and high at the time of the accident. You never know what the outcome may be.

Good Luck with everything!

Last edited by Bruser's LS1; 10-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Teching In

We all make mistakes, some big some small. I have heard from all the classes in the military that it ends up costing you about $10k overall from a DUI. Take it like a man, and keep in mind some of the consequences had someone gotten hurt. Im sure you will learn from this event.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Lawyers

I have had bad luck with lawyers but may be you will have good luck. All they want is your money I would step back and see how it all pans out and at the last moment get a lawyer.
I dont think you are a bad person and I hate people on here that think that makes you a murderer. If I lost a family member to a drunk driver or a drunk driver killed me I honest to god would not wish them any jail time or bad karma. Now if I lost a family member to a repeated ofender I would go freakin berzerker. People make mistakes and unless you were a sheltered bible thumping weirdo everyone has gotten behind the wheel and driven their vehicles after having a couple drinks. Sometimes I think police officers take things way too far nowadays. Back when I was a teenager there were circumstances where I knew of people getting pulled over and the cop just giving them a ride home or calling their parents to come get them. Now they throw the book at you because their county or city needs that revenue, Its not about protecting and serving anymore but collecting and profitting the city or county.

Last edited by BADMOON; 10-04-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Lets hope it works out.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

James Mallory always takes care of my tickets. Might give him a shot, not sure if he does DWI stuff.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

I would definitely find one of the best lawyers in your STATE, not just surrounding areas.

Ive never had one (knock on wood) but if i did i would try to get it resolved quickly.

We have no idea how much you drink, but make sure you tell everyone that you dont drink alone and you dont wake up in the morning thinking about having a drink.

It doesnt matter if you drink once a year or a case per night, your still considered a drunk in the courts eyes.
It might not seem like a big deal, but its against the law, and you broke the law and just got caught this time.

Hope you know the judge, prosecuting attorney , and the file clerk.

If it makes you feel better, I will drink a few tonight on your behalf