LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Texas Members (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members-54/)
-   -   What? No thread about the Cowboys getting stomped? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/1323800-what-no-thread-about-cowboys-getting-stomped.html)

Nine Ball 08-29-2010 06:59 AM

What? No thread about the Cowboys getting stomped?

I'm sure many of you watched last night's game. Texans 23 - Cowboys 7. It took the 3rd string teams for the Cowboys to finally put some points on the board, hehe.

I'm very impressed by Arian Foster. Probably the first running back that actually runs with excitement for the Texans. O-line was excellent, Schaub had plenty of time to make great passes.

Romo sucked. I'm sure you Dallas fans would agree.

Anyways, it was fun watching the Cowboys get handled, even if it was just preseason. :)

Slash8915 08-29-2010 07:03 AM

You sir, are about to start a LOT of shit... lol.

Nine Ball 08-29-2010 07:06 AM

This is the TEXAS forum. The Cowboys vs Texans stuff goes both ways in here :)

The best shots from the camera coverage were not the awesome plays or cheeleaders. It was zooming in on Jerry Jones in his suite, to illustrate his disgust for what he was witnessing. LOL! His plastic face almost looked sad, so he will likely need more cosmetic surgery to remove those frown lines after last night.

Big Chuk 08-29-2010 07:14 AM

Yes indeed the 'Boys sucked. To add insult to injury My wife is a Texans fan :barf:. But we all know there is no more Emmitt or Troy :cry:
And Romo is a joke! :ripped: I may have to find me a new team. Or maybe the Cowboys can get David Carr :D

Hondo99 08-29-2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Big Chuk (Post 13794279)
Yes indeed the 'Boys sucked. To add insult to injury My wife is a Texans fan :barf:. But we all know there is no more Emmitt or Troy :cry:
And Romo is a joke! :ripped: I may have to find me a new team. Or maybe the Cowboys can get David Carr :D

Or you can come over to the Texan side LOL!

redz_02 08-29-2010 07:43 AM

I knew it was coming. As projected, looks like Jacoby Jones will replace Kevin Walter at the #2 spot. Texans were firing on all cylinders last night. Excited about Texans football this year.

Cheetoh 08-29-2010 07:58 AM

Romo sucked.
He always Sucks..... He has far more Bad games than good games, and collapses under pressure.

Patrick G 08-29-2010 09:04 AM

I was a happy camper. Don't get me wrong, I like the Cowboys, but if somebody's going to smack them around, I like seeing the Texans do it. BTW, I am NOT a Jerry Jones fan. Anytime I can see him get steamed, it makes me smile. :)

chupr0kabra 08-29-2010 09:06 AM

I still don't like the Texans' red zone offense. The three field goals were from 23, 22 and 23 yards out. That means the Texans were close, but came away empty-handed again. I know it's preseason, but that was something that REALLY needed to be addressed, and it doesn't look like it has been.

If the 3rd preseason game is supposed to be the dress rehearsal, why did Cushing play so much? He won't be around for the first four games of the season, so why not find out what the other guys will look like?

Romo looks confused and bewildered. Either the Texans' D-line is FINALLY getting pressure, or the Cowboys O-line took the night off. I've never been impressed with Romo, personally. Too many dropped snaps and questionable decisions, but he has always shown he can make great plays now and then. Time for the Cowboys to get it in gear, or it's going to be a long season.

-Mike

00 Z-28 08-29-2010 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cheetoh (Post 13794331)
He always Sucks..... He has far more Bad games than good games, and collapses under pressure.

Can't blame Jessica no more.....

-Ross- 08-29-2010 09:55 AM

Owned. I hear crickets. We all know if the score would have been reversed, this thread would be full of "how bout dem cowboys" nonsense.

Let's do it again in week 3.

westtexasbuff 08-29-2010 09:57 AM

Hmm, I thought it was pre-season? :jest:

Lets wait till week 3 :)

BigBronco 08-29-2010 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff (Post 13794603)
Hmm, I thought it was pre-season? :jest:

Lets wait till week 3 :)

It will be glorious to see that offense run all over the girls.

ProStreet_632 08-29-2010 10:11 AM

Preseason or not, the 1st half all the 1st teamer's were playing and the girls looked like they have all season(awful). When they play shitty the girls fans don't speak, but when they play good they run their mouth. Texans fans run their mouth win or lose, that's how we roll. Romo will never be an elite QB and that is all there is too it. The girls so far are showing that they are overated to be the favorites to get to the SB. I am sure they will turn it around for a good season, but as usual it will end in a big dissapointment.

Don't dis-credit the Texans, they do have a damn good football when they play together. They have a tough schedule this year so we will see what happens. I will be at the 9/26 game vs. the girls and am looking for the same result.

Have I mentioned I can't stand the "Cowgirls"...:jest:

westtexasbuff 08-29-2010 10:15 AM

Just for the record... Colts in pre-season are 4-100.

Not discrediting the Texans, because they did play lights out, and I tip my hat out to them. They have a wicked front 7. But just saying, it's pre-season. A lot of the playcalling is vanilla. Lots of players will be back from injury by week 3, including all of the starting o-line, Dez, and Marcus Spears.

| Powered by Satan | 08-29-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by -Ross- (Post 13794595)
Owned. I hear crickets. We all know if the score would have been reversed, this thread would be full of "how bout dem cowboys" nonsense.

Let's do it again in week 3.

werd.

| Powered by Satan | 08-29-2010 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff (Post 13794653)
Just for the record... Colts in pre-season are 4-100.

Not discrediting the Texans, because they did play lights out, and I tip my hat out to them. They have a wicked front 7. But just saying, it's pre-season. A lot of the playcalling is vanilla. Lots of players will be back from injury by week 3, including all of the starting o-line, Dez, and Marcus Spears.

Dez won't just make the team drastically better.

They had the Starters still playing with 7 minutes INTO the 3rd quarter.

Yes it is preseason, but don't start the excuses.

WFOSS 08-29-2010 12:07 PM

I'm a huge Cowboys fan, always have been, but they looked horrible last night. Way too many mis-ques and mistakes. They have a lot of work to do before the season starts and hopefully will get their act together. If not, it will be a long season for us fans.

old_goat 08-29-2010 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra (Post 13794447)
I still don't like the Texans' red zone offense. The three field goals were from 23, 22 and 23 yards out. That means the Texans were close, but came away empty-handed again. I know it's preseason, but that was something that REALLY needed to be addressed, and it doesn't look like it has been.

If the 3rd preseason game is supposed to be the dress rehearsal, why did Cushing play so much? He won't be around for the first four games of the season, so why not find out what the other guys will look like?

Romo looks confused and bewildered. Either the Texans' D-line is FINALLY getting pressure, or the Cowboys O-line took the night off. I've never been impressed with Romo, personally. Too many dropped snaps and questionable decisions, but he has always shown he can make great plays now and then. Time for the Cowboys to get it in gear, or it's going to be a long season.

-Mike

Nice post Mike. I fully agree with every point.

Texas Heat 08-29-2010 12:50 PM

LOL @ Texans fans getting excited about the preseason win........

I guess you gotta have something to do when you have never had a postseason win ha ha ha.....