Any good place to get an alignment in dallas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good place to get an alignment in dallas?

Long story short, i met a curb the other day and i need an alignment quick. I put alot of miles on my car per day and id rather not let my tires wear unevenly...so if anyone knows of a shop that knows what they're doin, and wont rev the **** out of my car when they are pullin it into the bay... that'd be helpful. I have lowering springs and aftermarket shocks if that makes a difference
Old 10-24-2010, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent to you.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

i take my car to the Firestone store. they have a lifetime alignment program. its approx the cost of two alignments (like $130). if you ever swap out any suspension/steering components, or hit a pothole or something and just want it checked, you just bring it right in.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
i take my car to the Firestone store. they have a lifetime alignment program. its approx the cost of two alignments (like $130). if you ever swap out any suspension/steering components, or hit a pothole or something and just want it checked, you just bring it right in.
I hope you know that firestones alignments are a toe set only.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

hmmm that doesnt sound to bad actually, i just dont want no immature kid in my car...or any excuses about my car being "too low" or "not stock" they do any of that? lol
Old 10-25-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chrismikeb
Long story short, i met a curb the other day and i need an alignment quick. I put alot of miles on my car per day and id rather not let my tires wear unevenly...so if anyone knows of a shop that knows what they're doin, and wont rev the **** out of my car when they are pullin it into the bay... that'd be helpful. I have lowering springs and aftermarket shocks if that makes a difference
The NTB off 121 in grapevine has an in ground alignment rack so you don't have to worry about getting your car onto it. Store number 809 you can look it up at NTB.com.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by irbs
The NTB off 121 in grapevine has an in ground alignment rack so you don't have to worry about getting your car onto it. Store number 809 you can look it up at NTB.com.
good bussiness do u work at that store?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

I hope you know that firestones alignments are a toe set only.
maybe on a stock car that doesnt have the other adjustments.

when i installed my BMR K-member, they adjusted the camber and caster because the aftermarket k-member has slots where the A-arms connect.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chrismikeb
good bussiness do u work at that store?
I don't work at that store. I work at the one in the colony. You could come see me and we could try to get it on ours.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

maybe on a stock car that doesnt have the other adjustments.

when i installed my BMR K-member, they adjusted the camber and caster because the aftermarket k-member has slots where the A-arms connect.
I would check with them. My manager and all of my mechanics have worked at firestone. They all have said that firestones lifetime alignments are a toe set only
Old 10-29-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Dallas Frame and Alignment is the best there is in this area. They've been in business forever and will not try to sell you crap you don't need. They're good people that do great work.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

I would check with them. My manager and all of my mechanics have worked at firestone. They all have said that firestones lifetime alignments are a toe set only
Never, ever, heard of that, nor ran into it. Who would buy that crap? The whole point is to get your car on the rack and then sell you front end work to do the alignment, lol. I've had that on my 68 since the early 90's at least and had it all adjusted at a Firestone in Waxahachie as recently as about a year ago. I'd call the district manager and demand a refund if a store pulled that crap on me.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't work at that store. I work at the one in the colony. You could come see me and we could try to get it on ours.
if colony is way east of dallas (just googled it) thats a bit out of my way otherwise i would
Old 10-29-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by za355tx
Dallas Frame and Alignment is the best there is in this area. They've been in business forever and will not try to sell you crap you don't need. They're good people that do great work.
just googled this place also...they are like 3 miles away lol

I still havent gotten it dont yet by the way...i decided to oreder strano springs and wait to do the aligntment after install, will this place or NTB install the front springs also? I can do the back, just dont have time/tools here to do the front..
Old 10-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Launching!

If the new boss wasn't such a @#$$ I would hook you up. I could still do it but it would have to go through the shop $99.95 I've done plenty of alignments and wouldn't cheat a fellow LS1tech mem.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Pro Tuning Performance, look them up they got the best machine in DFW ..... ask around or just ask them !

Quick Reply: Any good place to get an alignment in dallas?