story of a true chickensh**

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default story of a true chickensh**

So the guy next to our yard has a wrecker service/diesel repair. We use him on a regular basis for work on our trucks. He knows my car, so I hit him up for an inspection. He says sure, bring it over. I pull in and his wife starts filling out my sticker. Didnt check anything, and then says oh I have to check your tint. It was too dark so she said she couldnt pass the car. She asked her husband and he said no, dont pass it. Kinda confused, I just said ok I understand and went down to the guy I usually go to which is what i should have done in the first place. Got my inspection and enjoyed my weekend.

So today im at work and pull up to the yard, and theres a guy taking pictures of my car. I walk over and he asks if i belong to this car. I said no, this car belongs to me. He didnt like that and introduces his self as someone from TXDot. He asked who inspected this car, and before I could answer he asked if it was cool guy (thats what we'll call him). I said yes. He said he had a report of a car being inspected with slick tires and illegal tint. he asked if these tires (farely worn dr's) were on the car when it was inspected. I said no, had some new ones,but ruined one the other day so i put these on. Then he asked if the tint was like that for inspection and i said no, I did it this weekend. He said we both know thats BS, and I said no, its not. Then he informs me that chickenshit (thats what we'll call him) says that my car was in his shop with dark tint and slick tires trying to get an inspection. Chickenshit and cool guy have bad history. So basicly Chickenshit was chickenshit and went out of his way to get people in trouble. I dont even know how he knew I got an inspection. The guy said that was all he needed, took a couple more pictures and filled out some paperwork and left.

I let cool guy know about it and he said dont worry. But im curious about what is going to happen. Anybody run into this before?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

sounds like chickenshit needs his mouth washed out with buckshot!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

I invited him over to explain, but he didnt show
Old 10-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Teching In

I was told by the head inspector or whatever she was that it could be up to a $10,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison. I think it was BS because she knew I was passing illegal cars because they belonged to buddys and what not. I was on commission and inspections don't pay much at all since we don't do smog here or anything like that so I would just check the obvious (lights, horn, sometimes tires) and let them pass to try to break even on the hours. The most I have heard from other people was the shop and the inspector get a fine and possibly lose their license depending on the charge.

All the "cool guy" has to do is say the same thing you did and he should be in the clear unless "chickenshit" has video, pics, or saw the action happen first hand. They like to hang out from a distance and watch through binoculars from time to time. Good luck to cool guy.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neverenuff
So the guy next to our yard has a wrecker service/diesel repair. We use him on a regular basis for work on our trucks.
That alone tells me what you should do. Divert the business that you guys used to give him elsewhere. Hit this little weasle right in the pocketbook. Perfectly legal yet some good revenge. I said perfectly legal because other things that are not would cross my mind if I had to deal with a narc like that.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

A trooper will be back to remove the sticker.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

You know, hearing stories like this really just pisses me off. Do these agencies have so much extra time on their hands that they have to go and harrass someone for illegal tint and somewhat bald tires ?? And then they will waste more money and time having a trooper come and physically remove the sticker ?

What a freaking joke and waste of time. Too bad they won't put as much effort into keeping drunks off the road or ticketing people who text message while driving at 70 mph. No, we wouldn't want to actually do something to improve public safety, just figure out more ways to bring in revenue for the state so they can afford to hire more employess to bring in more revenue for the state.

And I agree with TWS, I would find another company to use and you also may want to have the TxDot do a thorough check on his towing rigs and make sure he's in compliance.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

We need to have our legislators get rid of this nonsense.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Launching!

I'd take my $h!t elsewhere to be fixed if I had to tow every one of them across town and pay double.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What a dick, so now you can get new tires and scrape your tint off so a trooper doesn't pull your sticker/write you a ticket.... I think I'd get in a fight
Old 10-27-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like chickenshit needs a swift kick in the *** and he truck put on flats!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are there to make sure cars are safe, bald DR's and rain are enough to get several people killed in an accident. Not trying to be a buzz kill because my cars won't exactly pass either but I am just saying. I know a guy that has gotten in trouble and all they did was suspend(or terminate) his license. Don't worry about it, the only way they can get in trouble is if an undercover officer goes to get his car inspected their and they pass it. The guy I know failed for not checking a gas cap.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

"you belong to this car?" lol wtf he expect u to say? what a dumbass question

ya if i were you, i would no longer have anything to do with chickenshit...maybe his wife though...then go talk about it with cool guy lol..
Old 10-27-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
They are there to make sure cars are safe, bald DR's and rain are enough to get several people killed in an accident. Not trying to be a buzz kill because my cars won't exactly pass either but I am just saying. I know a guy that has gotten in trouble and all they did was suspend(or terminate) his license. Don't worry about it, the only way they can get in trouble is if an undercover officer goes to get his car inspected their and they pass it. The guy I know failed for not checking a gas cap.
Well, that's the individual's responsibility.

The safety inspection is another revenue generator. You pay $40 for them to tell you your car is "safe." As soon as you drive off the lot, you could be "unsafe" due to a broken taillight, or whatever. You could also be stopped and ticketed for that. Why don't we just skip the inspection. I abhor the nanny-state mentality. I also disagree with compulsory liability insurance.

I failed one time for a non-working horn. The guy said the same thing about how if he unwittingly passed a failed vehicle with an undercover trooper he could be fined $10K, or something like that.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

He wont be getting any more business. My boss paid him the little he owed him and picked up a truck we had over there. I told him not to pay him, but thats what chickenshit would do.
do you think the trooper can take the sticker withoout anything being proven? I'll park the car.
And penguin, I get what u are sayin. The tires are at the wear bars and i take it into consideration every time i drive. I try not to drive in the rain anyway and if i do im that much more careful. I dont see how tint is dangerous. Trooper windows are darker than just about everyone on the street.

So do you think I should expect to hear more about this?
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

fortunately heresay isnt neccessarily legal. if he has pics then sure. but both you and the inspector keep the same story and dont worry. no one can prove that your tires were bald and windows were tinted. either way all they used to do to us at the dealership was suspend the inspectors license and keep them from doing inspections for a certain amt of time. our inspector was doing a little worse. he was using other vins to get stickers and putting them on customer cars.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

What an *******.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Well, that's the individual's responsibility.

The safety inspection is another revenue generator. You pay $40 for them to tell you your car is "safe." As soon as you drive off the lot, you could be "unsafe" due to a broken taillight, or whatever. You could also be stopped and ticketed for that. Why don't we just skip the inspection. I abhor the nanny-state mentality. I also disagree with compulsory liability insurance.

I failed one time for a non-working horn. The guy said the same thing about how if he unwittingly passed a failed vehicle with an undercover trooper he could be fined $10K, or something like that.
this "nanny-state mentality" is keepin some slack jaw hillbilly from killin me because his ratrod skidded due to bad tires. all i know is, i want to see the headlights of the guy comin at me, the brake lights of the guy stoppin in front of me, and if i somehow **** up, i want them to honk at me so i dont get in a wreck. and liability insurance? are you kidding me? the purpose of liability insurance is to pay for damage you do to someone else. i dont want said hillbilly to slam into me, and not be able to pay for it out of pocket, just because you have some sort of grudge with "the man"
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Trust me, inspections do keep vehicles in safe condition. Ive seen some VERY SCARY cars on the road since the move to Indiana.

With that said, I think its pretty strange that TXDOT is going after personal vehicles. Seems like chickenshit is getting less business here pretty soon right?? Good stuff.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
this "nanny-state mentality" is keepin some slack jaw hillbilly from killin me because his ratrod skidded due to bad tires. all i know is, i want to see the headlights of the guy comin at me, the brake lights of the guy stoppin in front of me, and if i somehow **** up, i want them to honk at me so i dont get in a wreck. and liability insurance? are you kidding me? the purpose of liability insurance is to pay for damage you do to someone else. i dont want said hillbilly to slam into me, and not be able to pay for it out of pocket, just because you have some sort of grudge with "the man"

/Thread