I knew it! Mustang Answers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Car is faster and has all around better performance than my car did when it was stock...must make fun...must draw up pie chart questioning owner's sexuality...must draw attention away from real world facts.
You do realize that was an article from Bloomberg Businessweek, right?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my 2011 Mustang GT girlie car.

Last edited by Elite_Hot_Rod; 12-20-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:17 AM
8 Second Club

This thread makes baby Jesus cry...

I lost to 3 F-body's (and they were LS1's) pre-motor destruction in my 98 Cobra 'Vert. They were John Campbell's Camaro (fastest heads/cam car in the world at the time, from a stop he killed me (Auto vs T45) and he got me by a half car from a roll), Josh (GoldRust) Camaro which had heads/cam and a BIG shot (blew the motor up during 2nd run), and Tony (NineBall) 434ci MTI LS1...

I don't understand how people can be this stupid! I guess I forgot the LSx motor is the best motor to ever be built... **** F1 motors, etc... The LS1 is the ONLY motor to be touched by god!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by snake95
Unless it was a Cobra R, it wasn't a 2000 either I promise I'm not trying to be an ***, lol
****! It wasn't a cobra R that damned thing was banana yellow. 99,01, lmao

I feel
Old 12-20-2010, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

pffffff LOL
Old 12-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
This thread makes baby Jesus cry...

I lost to 3 F-body's (and they were LS1's) pre-motor destruction in my 98 Cobra 'Vert. They were John Campbell's Camaro (fastest heads/cam car in the world at the time, from a stop he killed me (Auto vs T45) and he got me by a half car from a roll), Josh (GoldRust) Camaro which had heads/cam and a BIG shot (blew the motor up during 2nd run), and Tony (NineBall) 434ci MTI LS1...

I don't understand how people can be this stupid! I guess I forgot the LSx motor is the best motor to ever be built... **** F1 motors, etc... The LS1 is the ONLY motor to be touched by god!
I like the levity, usually people are so defensive they are ready to eat baby Jesus let alone watch him cry.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Points that have been misconstrued in this thread;

1.) The Mustang (and to a certain extent the Camaro) sells more to women. We all know this. It's material to make jokes from, but it is a fact. Not just to the Mustang crowd, but the Camaro crowd as well. No need to get upset or defensive, it just means your cars are selling and that can't be a bad thing.

2.) As far as factory performance is concerned, the 90s did not belong to the Mustang. Sorry. We (as in I) aren't talking about modified Mustangs. Your modified Mustang 5.0 from the 80's, early 90's could hit 11's easily with bolt-ons? Duh, the aftermarket for the 5.0 was (and still is) insanely huge. thesource is obviously heavily invested in the modified Mustang scene, that's cool. I love the Mustang, if I had the extra income I'd love to get one (a black 94-95 with a cobra style exterior package added on, and heads/cam is something I'd love to build. Those 5.0's had a NASTY exhaust note that is one of the best sounding IMO). But modified Mustangs and Camaros aside, stock for stock the F-Body was the winner in the 90s. The average Joe on the street didn't modify the crap out of their new cars, most left them relatively stock.

3.) The renewed interest in high power muscle cars, across the board, is a great thing. The new 5.0 is absolutely SICK and this can only mean good things for us as enthusiasts. GM will have to ante up with the Camaro and Dodge will have to do something to keep up as well. How is this a bad thing?

4.) GM targets the Gay community for new Camaro sales. There are just as many things that the Mustang guys can bash the F-Body guys over.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

^^#4 lies and slander. lol.

iv owned me car since it was bone stock. the closesr iv come to loosing to a 302 was a car and a half. other than that one, every other one was busses. i believe the lt1 is a much better motor than the 302 simply because it doesnt break in half when it hits 500hp
Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TechCam97
You do realize that was an article from Bloomberg Businessweek, right?
Doesn't make it any less gay.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ElkySS
^^#4 lies and slander. lol.

iv owned me car since it was bone stock. the closesr iv come to loosing to a 302 was a car and a half. other than that one, every other one was busses. i believe the lt1 is a much better motor than the 302 simply because it doesnt break in half when it hits 500hp
I dunno man, the stock LT1 crank is not known for supporting tons of HP.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Points that have been misconstrued in this thread;

1.) The Mustang (and to a certain extent the Camaro) sells more to women. We all know this. It's material to make jokes from, but it is a fact. Not just to the Mustang crowd, but the Camaro crowd as well. No need to get upset or defensive, it just means your cars are selling and that can't be a bad thing.

2.) As far as factory performance is concerned, the 90s did not belong to the Mustang. Sorry. We (as in I) aren't talking about modified Mustangs. Your modified Mustang 5.0 from the 80's, early 90's could hit 11's easily with bolt-ons? Duh, the aftermarket for the 5.0 was (and still is) insanely huge. thesource is obviously heavily invested in the modified Mustang scene, that's cool. I love the Mustang, if I had the extra income I'd love to get one (a black 94-95 with a cobra style exterior package added on, and heads/cam is something I'd love to build. Those 5.0's had a NASTY exhaust note that is one of the best sounding IMO). But modified Mustangs and Camaros aside, stock for stock the F-Body was the winner in the 90s. The average Joe on the street didn't modify the crap out of their new cars, most left them relatively stock.

3.) The renewed interest in high power muscle cars, across the board, is a great thing. The new 5.0 is absolutely SICK and this can only mean good things for us as enthusiasts. GM will have to ante up with the Camaro and Dodge will have to do something to keep up as well. How is this a bad thing?

4.) GM targets the Gay community for new Camaro sales. There are just as many things that the Mustang guys can bash the F-Body guys over.

If you were wondering what 500 gay horsepower would look like....

Old 12-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Banned

A 96-98 Cobra would drag an Lt1's *** all day and all night when comparing stock for stock. Anyone that claims GM ruled the streets in the 90's was either in a coma during that time period or is in flat denial. GM didn't step up to the plate until 97 with the C5 Vette. Once the Ls1 hit the scene, Gm held the title for top spot in bone stock street performance. Once the 03-04 Cobra hit the market, Ford evened up the playing field. In 05 they released the 3V 4.6 and it was a huge increase over the weak *** 2V 4.6. My wife has an 07 Gt/A5 with nothing more than a cone filter on it and it ran a 13.34 on stock tires with her driving it. Thats about on par with a stock GTO/A4 that came with a 6.0L engine in it.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by d98gt
Oh really now? I'd prefer the Yenko version myself
Don't wanna be drivin no yank...O. lmao
Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thesource
A 96-98 Cobra would drag an Lt1's *** all day and all night when comparing stock for stock. Anyone that claims GM ruled the streets in the 90's was either in a coma during that time period or is in flat denial. GM didn't step up to the plate until 97 with the C5 Vette. Once the Ls1 hit the scene, Gm held the title for top spot in bone stock street performance. Once the 03-04 Cobra hit the market, Ford evened up the playing field. In 05 they released the 3V 4.6 and it was a huge increase over the weak *** 2V 4.6. My wife has an 07 Gt/A5 with nothing more than a cone filter on it and it ran a 13.34 on stock tires with her driving it. Thats about on par with a stock GTO/A4 that came with a 6.0L engine in it.
Ah, but how many Cobras were running around in comparison to the GT? To this day I rarely come across a Cobra. 9 out of 10 Mustangs you encounter on the streets are V6s. Out of that 1, 9 out of those 10 are GTs. The Cobra may have ruled its respective street or neighborhood, but the country as a whole with it's mostly GT driving V8 Mustang owner did not match up with the F-Body in stock form. The 03-04 Cobras are probably the baddest SN95 Mustangs though, they put up some awesome numbers with minimal modding.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Banned

And for anyone thinking I'm a nut swinger, please check out this link:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/show....php?t=1235003
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Banned

Ah, but how many Cobras were running around in comparison to the GT? To this day I rarely come across a Cobra. 9 out of 10 Mustangs you encounter on the streets are V6s. Out of that 1, 9 out of those 10 are GTs. The Cobra may have ruled its respective street or neighborhood, but the country as a whole with it's mostly GT driving V8 Mustang owner did not match up with the F-Body in stock form. The 03-04 Cobras are probably the baddest SN95 Mustangs though, they put up some awesome numbers with minimal modding.
Now you are knit picking. When comparing production numbers, naturally a V6 will usually have more than a Gt or a Cobra. That is because price dictates that. Its like comparing how many IROC's were on the street vesus Berlinettas or base models. Naturally you will see more lower end models than you will see higher end models on the road in any given year.

I remember back in the 90's, the Camaro/Ta and even the C4 Vette guys refused to race a Cobra. They had every excuse in the book about why it wasn't an even race.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

And for anyone thinking I'm a nut swinger, please check out this link:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/show....php?t=1235003
It's not bad to biased, as long you admit it (which you do). I don't agree with you that the Mustang ruled the streets in the 90s just because from 1996-1998 SVT put out around 25k Cobras that could compete with (and in most cases beat)the Camaro. That's not ruling, that's challenging. Even then it was only in whatever neighborhood the Cobra found itself in. You aren't describing the typical red light match up that was common in the 90s. The 2V GT Mustang that was found on the streets with a Flowmaster and K&N did not take down a similarly outfitted F-Body. That's all I'm saying.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Banned

It's not bad to biased, as long you admit it (which you do). I don't agree with you that the Mustang ruled the streets in the 90s just because from 1996-1998 SVT put out around 25k Cobras that could compete with (and in most cases beat)the Camaro. That's not ruling, that's challenging. Even then it was only in whatever neighborhood the Cobra found itself in. You aren't describing the typical red light match up that was common in the 90s. The 2V GT Mustang that was found on the streets with a Flowmaster and K&N did not take down a similarly outfitted F-Body. That's all I'm saying.
I'd bet a 2v is on pretty even ground with an Lt1 if both are in stock trim. The 2v had less power but the Mustang was also lighter. Comparing the two is like comparing who won a special olympics foot race. Both were slow as hell. Both were a major pain in the *** to work on. A 5.0 powered 5 speed coupe would walk around either of them.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

The Cobra is Ford's flagship sports car, it should be compared to Chevy's flagship, the Vette. How much were Cobras during that time frame?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Both were slow as hell. Both were a major pain in the *** to work on.
Oh come on now, you know you enjoyed working on the back half of an LT1 that was stuffed under the cowl! That was half the "fun" of owning one! I used to always have friends come ask if I would change their spark plugs or put on a new intake. I'd have them do most of the rear work to "earn their stripes", lol. It does make me pine for the days when I had my second gen with a huge engine bay.....