I knew it! Mustang Answers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 03:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I knew it! Mustang Answers...

This explains a lot...I always knew there was something about Mustangs.

Last edited by ColeGraham; 12-19-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL

Guess I better sell the 93' then.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

This just puts to paper something that everyone and their brother already knew (including the Mustang guys). Ford sacrificed performance for sales while GM did the exact opposite. Could have been a good move or could have been a bad one, but at least Ford didn't have to put the Mustang on "hiatus" for eight years.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Good find Cole.

It's all making since now.

LOL
Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TechCam97
This just puts to paper something that everyone and their brother already knew (including the Mustang guys). Ford sacrificed performance for sales while GM did the exact opposite. Could have been a good move or could have been a bad one, but at least Ford didn't have to put the Mustang on "hiatus" for eight years.
So true lol.......but the article suggests Im safe with my 91 since the demographic didnt start changing until later. Plus I have an ls1 in mine so im doubley safe lol.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Back in the late 90's and early 2000's there were study's that showed females made up a larger percentage of Z28/trans am (the V8 model)buyers than males. Sales were bad and the end of an era soon followed. Mustangs sales on the other hand did well. Personally I just like American owned.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

Very interesting.......
Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

I like both and have owned both,both amercian made and tons of fun to drive
Old 12-17-2010, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

well like the sayin goes mustangs are like gspots every ***** has one lol haha
Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

LOL makes sense
Old 12-17-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo-Z
LOL makes sense
You should get one lol. PINK!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:44 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I always argue with my Mustang buddies that they are girls cars, ask any teen girl on up and majority will state "Mustang" if you ask what car they want. LOL
Old 12-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Banned

Funny thing is, since the late 80's those girly cars have been whipping some GM ***. Until the Ls based engine came around in 98, the F Body didn't have a chance on the streets. The LS ruled the streets for a while but now with the 5.0 DOHC engine, its game on again and Ford is back in control. Ford has always managed to do more with less cubic inches. Personally I always wanted Ford to step up and offer a bigger engine than the basic 5.0 and later 4.6 but I guess with all the girls buying the cars up like hot cakes, why fix what wasn't broken?

I always thought the Corvette was for the small ***** group, the Camaro was for the mullet wearing folks and the T/A was for the metrosexuals and the Firebird was for the girls. ;D
Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^
haha...but that has changed yet again...

when that new Z/28 hits the roads with the LSA from the CTS-V(2), it will change the tables. and when GM introduces the next Gen SBs on a couple years. from what i have heard its going to be something like a 5.5L DOHC with around 440-460hp / 420-440 tq. its going to continue the Domestic arms races for YEARS and YEARS. but one thing is for sure, Ford and GM and getting things right but Mopar still has there heads up there asses. i read about the new SRT8 Challenger. it will come with a 6.4L Hemi with 370/370 hp/tq. but it GAINED 250ish pounds. the new Challenger weighs something like 4700 pounds, and is a ******* COUPE.

there is one thing that no can deny. GM makes the best Small Block you can get. Prime example...you will see Ford guy running GM SBs over the Fords, and Mopar guy will do it too (but not are much as Ford). But you will never see a guy put a Ford or Mopar engine in there GM car...
Old 12-19-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by thesource
Funny thing is, since the late 80's those girly cars have been whipping some GM ***. Until the Ls based engine came around in 98, the F Body didn't have a chance on the streets. The LS ruled the streets for a while but now with the 5.0 DOHC engine, its game on again and Ford is back in control. Ford has always managed to do more with less cubic inches. Personally I always wanted Ford to step up and offer a bigger engine than the basic 5.0 and later 4.6 but I guess with all the girls buying the cars up like hot cakes, why fix what wasn't broken?

I always thought the Corvette was for the small ***** group, the Camaro was for the mullet wearing folks and the T/A was for the metrosexuals and the Firebird was for the girls. ;D
Are you serious? Or just a nut swinger? The mustang barely put out over 200hp in the GT during the 90s. V6 F-Bodies were beating them. They were an embarrassment. The LT1 beat the stuffing out of the modular 4.6 and the LS1 was insulted by having to be compared to it. Ford finally took off the panties and put some big boy briefs on in the early 00's and actually started making a non FI Mustang that put down what the LS1's were making half a decade before. Don't get me wrong, I love all American muscle including the Mustang, but your post was probably the dumbest thing I have seen in a Mustang vs. Camaro thread.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you serious? Or just a nut swinger? The mustang barely put out over 200hp in the GT during the 90s. V6 F-Bodies were beating them. They were an embarrassment. The LT1 beat the stuffing out of the modular 4.6 and the LS1 was insulted by having to be compared to it. Ford finally took off the panties and put some big boy briefs on in the early 00's and actually started making a non FI Mustang that put down what the LS1's were making half a decade before. Don't get me wrong, I love all American muscle including the Mustang, but your post was probably the dumbest thing I have seen in a Mustang vs. Camaro thread.
This.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Some ones feelings got hurt lol ha ha
Old 12-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

I'm just a nut swinger........ You guys are hilarous though.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
Mopar still has there heads up there asses. i read about the new SRT8 Challenger. it will come with a 6.4L Hemi with 370/370 hp/tq. but it GAINED 250ish pounds. the new Challenger weighs something like 4700 pounds, and is a ******* COUPE.
Dodge got the look of the Challenger right on the money and its actually my favorite looking of the three retros but weight kills performance and that car is a hog.

there is one thing that no can deny. GM makes the best Small Block you can get. Prime example...you will see Ford guy running GM SBs over the Fords, and Mopar guy will do it too (but not are much as Ford). But you will never see a guy put a Ford or Mopar engine in there GM car...
The only reason to install a SBC into anything other than a Chevy is because you simply don't know how to make horse power. Looking at the Engine Masters competition proves that. The one thing GM has done over the years up until the change over to the Lt1 was keep things pretty well interchangible. IMO, the LT1 was the 2nd worst V8 to ever come in a Gm made vehicle only behind the 305. On the contrary, they got it right when they released the Ls based engine. Ford made the decision back in the 90's to get away from the conventional pushrod design and the 4V configuration has always been stout for its size. Ford should have stepped up and did the 5.0 or even larger 10 years ago. The 2v 4.6 sucked in N/A form. The 3V was much better but still not as good as the 4v was. I only wish the engine was packaged smaller but it is what it is.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dodge got the look of the Challenger right on the money and its actually my favorite looking of the three retros but weight kills performance and that car is a hog.
i complete agree with this. i love the looks, but when you coupe weighs that much something it really wrong.

The only reason to install a SBC into anything other than a Chevy is because you simply don't know how to make horse power. Looking at the Engine Masters competition proves that. The one thing GM has done over the years up until the change over to the Lt1 was keep things pretty well interchangible. IMO, the LT1 was the 2nd worst V8 to ever come in a Gm made vehicle only behind the 305. On the contrary, they got it right when they released the Ls based engine. Ford made the decision back in the 90's to get away from the conventional pushrod design and the 4V configuration has always been stout for its size. Ford should have stepped up and did the 5.0 or even larger 10 years ago. The 2v 4.6 sucked in N/A form. The 3V was much better but still not as good as the 4v was. I only wish the engine was packaged smaller but it is what it is.
i will give you that...the old 4.6 was complete ****, and they did get better towards the end of the run. but they still were horrid small blocks.

i do, however, disagree that the only reason people put SBC is other applications is that they dont know how to make horsepower. i think the reason is that it is A LOT easier to make the power on a SBC. after all, there is no replacement for displacement. 2002 F-Body running complete N/A (using a built motor still 5.7L) will make the the same power as the 2002 4.6L Modular with a F/I System.