Need Credit Lawyer/Represenative

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:14 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Credit Lawyer/Represenative

Long story short...

A collection agency contacted me saying i owe them $148.00 for my AT&T account. That doesn't make sense because I am still a current AT&T uverse customer and i am not past due at all. I refused to talk to the collection agency and called AT&T. I talked to a manager in their billing department and in the Accounts Receivable department. Neither of them say that i owe any money and neither of them have any idea how or why the collection agency has my information. I called the CA back and demanded (dropping a few f-bombs) an itemized bill or i wasn't paying ****. They told me one was already sent from AT&T and they have no intention to send another.

This is bullshit. My understanding is that if they report to my credit (which they already have) they need to have proof of my debt. So... I need a lawyer. I will not simply pay them money just because they think i should. I want proof that i owe money. They wont send me a bill, so I want a lawyer. I don't care if I end up paying $1,000.00 for a lawyer. It is better than paying those fucktards a dime!

Anyone had this problem? What did you do? Anyone know a good lawyer?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All you have to do is dispute it with the credit agency
Equifax, transunion and they have to validate the debt by law
If they don't the credit agency will delete it off your credit report

Do the research or just file a report with the Texas state attorneys office
Old 05-09-2011, 10:32 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Do you a source for more info on what I can file and how I can file a report? As far as disputing goes.. I can only dispute fraud and theft. I'm not sure that this qualifies ad either one.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

X 2..keep sending dispute letters and it should be taken off. Also, file a complaint to the BBB about them
Old 05-10-2011, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing is they could flat out have the wrong person.

Pull your credit see if you see anything from ATT if not.... You will need to wait for about 30 days at which time you can pull it for the second time it should be their if not.. Tell them your recording the call and not to call you back... Tell them if they call back you will contact your lawyer.

If this shows up do like the people said above dispute the charges.

I know when freecreditreport.com was around they had it set up where you could do this from the site.

You can always just go to the three credit bureau site and file with them.

www.experian.com
www.equifax.com
www.transunion.com
Old 05-10-2011, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had almost the exact same situation on a Target card that I still carry, yet have never used, not once.... I simply told the woman with the CA that once I sue the **** out of them and own the CA, she was going to be the first person I fire. No more calls
Old 05-10-2011, 08:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VinR1
I had almost the exact same situation on a Target card that I still carry, yet have never used, not once.... I simply told the woman with the CA that once I sue the **** out of them and own the CA, she was going to be the first person I fire. No more calls
hahahaha

Hell yeah!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by VinR1
Lmao. Nice. If I can Sue I will. If you slander someone's name then you could be sued. I wander if reporting negative on a credit report is considered slander.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a credit place calling me for some woman named britany and i have had the same phone no. since 2005. The last time they called i said "i know you're looking for britany but i'm not her, but what is this regarding" they replied "well if you're not britany than we can't tell you" so i said "fine, than don't call me again!"

this was the second or third collections agency that had been calling me about the same person
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
I had a credit place calling me for some woman named britany and i have had the same phone no. since 2005. The last time they called i said "i know you're looking for britany but i'm not her, but what is this regarding" they replied "well if you're not britany than we can't tell you" so i said "fine, than don't call me again!"

this was the second or third collections agency that had been calling me about the same person
Damn, she must have some TERRIBLE credit.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash8915
it was probably about the same item and had been sold to different collections agencies. i'd get a call (or a few) and finally get it through to them that i didn't know britany and then a different agency would call about the same thing a few months later. the last time i talked to anyone about her was the story i mentioned above where i basically put them in a corner and told them to either tell me what the collection was about or never call me again
Old 05-10-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Ive had the same phone number since March 2006 and I still get calls from collection agencies looking for the person that had my number previously.