Any good motor shops in the panhandle?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good motor shops in the panhandle?

Looking for somewhere to take my car for maintenance im not able to do , preferably around lubbock.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:05 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

What kind of work?

Lubbock has Scoggin-Dickey Service Dept for OEM type repair work and Texas Speed (where I work) is slightly outside of town, but there is a waiting list. For general repair/maintenance/suspension and alignments I often send stuff to Pope Automotive (4418 50th Street).
Old 05-10-2011, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

For sure needs a new water pump and a flush n fill.

I was wanting some new heads and a cam from you guys at tsp. I've called several times and one of your guys was supposed to send me a quote on porting a set of my heads versus getting set up with some of the prc stuff. Its been a month and a half and I still have not had anything show up in my email or any missed calls. I don't mind waiting....

Scoggin Dicky will never get another dime from me. Its a long story but they have screwed me over bad, bad enough to end 30 years of my families business.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

PM me your name and email address, a quote like that should have been handled quite awhile ago. Sorry for the delay on it.

Originally Posted by Deceptikon
For sure needs a new water pump and a flush n fill.

I was wanting some new heads and a cam from you guys at tsp. I've called several times and one of your guys was supposed to send me a quote on porting a set of my heads versus getting set up with some of the prc stuff. Its been a month and a half and I still have not had anything show up in my email or any missed calls. I don't mind waiting....

Scoggin Dicky will never get another dime from me. Its a long story but they have screwed me over bad, bad enough to end 30 years of my families business.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:58 AM

Send me a PM with your name and the email you used and I'll ask the guys up front. One guy "moved on" in that timeframe so maybe that's who you were dealing with.

As far as the WP, if you need it done quickly check with Pope Auto and tell them TSP sent you over.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:00 PM

Nevermind, Janz is on it!