Going to vent a little

Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going to vent a little

What is up with businesses that have such poor customer service and don't have any desire to make money?

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking if anyone had any info on local companies that installed lifts. Several people responded with a Houston based company. I found another thread through the search (pure dumb luck), so between the two I had three local companies that install and service lifts.

I sent all three of them an information request via their website using the online contact form, or the provided email address listed under contact info. It has been almost two weeks, and not a single one of them has responded to me.

Due to the nature of my daytime job, it is very difficult for me to talk to people over the phone, so I always try to initiate things via email, to get the ball rolling, then talk to them when I can spare a few minutes off the desk to finalize things.

Apparently all three of these companies have more money and customers than they need because none of them can be bothered to reply to me. Not even a simple acknowledgment that they received my email.

I understand that I am just a small shop, and only want a single lift installed, but it seems like that would be easy money for them.

Pretty damn frustrating.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand how you feel.. Have you left a voice mail with any of the them? I know you said you sent a email but, maybe somehow it got sent to their spam folder..

Might try to call them and leave a voice mail telling them why it's best to send emails to you.. Hell they might send you a Cell number to call when its best for you at whatever time you can.

I know my sales department would do this for any of our customers.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:03 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

sometimes they just dont have time or manpower to respond to emails. try calling them.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not surprised. My buddy is the shop foreman at one of the Houston 4 Wheel Parts. He is one of the only guys I let touch my truck beside me. However, the salesmen are not very good at all. I could give a variety of examples. It is hard to find a place that has a good sales staff, good techs, etc all in one place.

I understand your difficulty with not being able to talk on the phone, etc but that is really the best way to resolve it.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
sometimes they just dont have time or manpower to respond to emails. try calling them.
If that is the case, then they shouldn't have a form on the front of their website that says Info Request, and asks me specifically what my request is about so they can route it properly.

I know calling them is a better answer, but I shouldn't have to (and have not been able to find the time in the last two weeks to do so). They provided the way to contact them, they should respond to it. If it was just an email address I grabbed off the website, I would understand a little better.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

are you yourself a shop owner? what are you looking for?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
are you yourself a shop owner? what are you looking for?
Yes. I want to get a single 4 post lift installed. I am just venting because I can't get any of the local vendors I have contacted to respond via email.

if your web site has a link for Contact us, and I click on it and instead of providing me a phone number, it provides me a form to fill it to request info, I don't think it is too much to expect someone to reply to it .. that's all. even if the reply is call us and a phone number.

Oh well .. I will eventually find someone that wants to make some money. Not that big a deal, just irritating.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:51 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Yes. I want to get a single 4 post lift installed. I am just venting because I can't get any of the local vendors I have contacted to respond via email.

if your web site has a link for Contact us, and I click on it and instead of providing me a phone number, it provides me a form to fill it to request info, I don't think it is too much to expect someone to reply to it .. that's all. even if the reply is call us and a phone number.

Oh well .. I will eventually find someone that wants to make some money. Not that big a deal, just irritating.
I was kinda curious about your shop. are you a mechanic, audio, paint? just curious.

I had the same issues with working with vendors on this site. I would email them, they either wouldn't respond or they tell me they will contact and never do. I found that you pretty much have to call them or just show up to get help. From there if they acted like they were too buisy to help me i would simply move on.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm sure its in the spam folder. It has happened to me a couple of times.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Launching!

I am going through thus on a set of wheels- even went as far as to get the shop owners e-mail through a friend and got no reply whatsoever. All I want to do is buy a set of wheels they have in stock. Very frustrating. Looks like I will be ordering them from year one even though I had wanted to support a friends shop.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
I was kinda curious about your shop. are you a mechanic, audio, paint? just curious.
detailing (professional), and restoration (recreational)
Old 05-13-2011, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Lifts are not the most challenging things to install ourself. You and 2 other people could get it installed within a few hours and then all you would need is a electrician to hook it up for it to fall under the lifts warranty.

Just another option if you dont want to wait or deal with a company. You can buy lifts online and it could save you a good chunk of money if you do it yourself.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Btw Gripraw, you should see the 69- coming together nicely.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Launching!

I generally give a company 2 chances to do right by me. I know I can be demanding and hard to deal with because of my schedule. I just wish more companies would take customer service serious.
I understand completely how you feel. I have contacted 2 engine builders on this site that I would prefer to build a simple short block for me. It has been 3 weeks, 4 emails, 4 PM's and 6 phone calls. I work in the oilfield so it can be hard for me to make phone calls for weeks at a time. Especially since i work from 6am-6pm so i cant just call during business hours. It has brought me to the point I dont even want to bother with my car anymore and just sell it in the poor shape its in and buy something better and built already.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1965GP
Btw Gripraw, you should see the 69- coming together nicely.
Sweet .. send me some pics when you get a chance.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best Buy Automotive Equipment online for $1,400. Took 1 other guy and we installed it ourselves.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

I received great service from " pantherlifts" and did my install in about 3-4 hours
Johnny
Old 05-15-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
Best Buy Automotive Equipment online for $1,400. Took 1 other guy and we installed it ourselves.
did you need a fork lift or anything like that to do the install?
Old 05-15-2011, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

I speak only for myself, the only things I needed was 2 sons/drill for the for the mount bolts/oil for the pump/ couple of hand tools
Johnny

Search this Thread