help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its tapping then damage is already done as long as not driving it around then it should cause anymore damage depending on what said tapping is. good example buddy took his car to a shop for new head gaskets, when he went to pick car up it had a nasty tapping sound. we figured it was a spun rod bearing and the shop refused to fix it even though wasnt that way before they got it so we drove it to another shop about 5 miles down rd and did repairs ourself was gonna have to replace bearing and crank anyway
Old 05-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DSIM
Question: Why keep starting the motor if there is such a loud tapping noise?

Hope it gets resolved and it isnt that bad.
Well i wanted to hear it myself make sure it really is knocking and its only been turned on 3 times but for like 20 sec each time but he called me today he pulled off the intake and valley cover and found bearing debris so im guessing its gonna be a bearing
Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DarknessHunter
if its tapping then damage is already done as long as not driving it around then it should cause anymore damage depending on what said tapping is. good example buddy took his car to a shop for new head gaskets, when he went to pick car up it had a nasty tapping sound. we figured it was a spun rod bearing and the shop refused to fix it even though wasnt that way before they got it so we drove it to another shop about 5 miles down rd and did repairs ourself was gonna have to replace bearing and crank anyway
man i guess ima have to replace my crank too hopefully it didnt damage a piston or the block he will be pulling the heads off tomorrow
Old 05-18-2011, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

we replaced crank cause it was just quicker and easier than getting his turned hopefully yours isnt to jack and you can just get it turned and over size bearings
Old 05-18-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

That sucks to hear. I bought a motor a while back that ended up having a spun rod bearing. Then just bought a new motor and my buddy left a bolt in piston 1.....needless to say I need 8 new pistons haha
Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

damn that sucks only prob we had was i tighten rod bolts to tight and crank wouldnt spin so had to tear damn lt1 back down and replace bearings again for good measure
Old 05-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nick.celis
That sucks to hear. I bought a motor a while back that ended up having a spun rod bearing. Then just bought a new motor and my buddy left a bolt in piston 1.....needless to say I need 8 new pistons haha
o wow u must have felt worser than me **** i almost cryed im sure u did i would of
Old 05-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DarknessHunter
we replaced crank cause it was just quicker and easier than getting his turned hopefully yours isnt to jack and you can just get it turned and over size bearings

well if i can do that im pretty sure i will if not i will just get a forged crank that really is the only thing thats holding me back from it being a 408